Ágatha Ruiz de la Prada
|Ágatha Ruiz de la Prada|
Ágatha in 2010
July 22, 1960 |
Madrid , Spain
|Spouse(s)||Pedro J. Ramirez (a common-law husband)|
|Parents||Juan Manuel Ruiz de la Prada
María Isabel de Sentmenat y Urruela
|Awards||Fashion Ambassador Award
Fashion Oscar Award (2004)
New Yorker Award (2007)
|Key people||Ágatha Ruiz de la Prada|
Ágatha entered fashion in 1981 with her women´s collection in Madrid. She opened her first studio in the Spanish capital and began to participate in fashion shows in Madrid and Barcelona. Agatha was a promoter of the “Movida Madrileña,” an artistic and Cultural Revolution in the 1980s.
Commercial success came with her partnership with El Corte Inglés. She started to gain international recognition by means of her fashion shows in Spain, France, Italy, Colombia, USA, Puerto Rico, Santo Domingo and exhibitions in Tokyo, New York, Paris, Moscow and Bucharest.
In 1991, Agatha licensed her brand, expanding her line to include men´s, women´s and children´s fashion, ceramics, toys, shoes, linens and towels, make-up and more. Her stores are located in Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Milan, New York, Oporto and Mallorca and she is present in over 140 countries around the world. This year, in occasion of the 30th Anniversary of her first fashion show, she inaugurated her Foundation.
- "Agatha Ruiz de la Prada". Fragrantica. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- "Agatha Ruiz de la Prada". Cartier Womens Initiative Awards. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- "Agatha Ruiz de la Prada y El Corte Inglés: 20 años de 'matrimonio' de moda". Mujer hoy. Retrieved 24 February 2013.
- "Puig". ModaMarcas. Retrieved 29 April 2012.
- "Agatha Ruiz Dela Prada". Prezi. Retrieved 24 February 2013.