Toprak in 2013
|Full name||Ömer Toprak|
|Date of birth||21 July 1989|
|Place of birth||Ravensburg, West Germany|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Current club||Bayer Leverkusen|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 04:04, 11 November 2013 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
He was part of the German U-19 national team squad that won the U-19 European Championship in 2008. He participated in three matches during the tournament scoring one goal. On 30 September 2011, Ömer was named to Turkey national football team squad by coach Guus Hiddink for the upcoming UEFA Euro 2012 qualifying matches against Germany and Azerbaijan. On 15 November, 2011, he made his Turkish debut against Croatia in the second leg of UEFA Euro 2012 qualifying play-offs.
Toprak is the son of Turkish immigrants from the Sivas region. He was born and raised in Ravensburg, Baden-Württemberg. He has one older sister and two older brothers of which one, Harun, is also a professional football player at Swiss club FC Schaffhausen.
|1.||29 February 2012||Bursa Atatürk Stadium, Bursa, Turkey||Slovakia||1–2||1–2||Friendly|
|2.||29 May 2012||Red Bull Arena, Salzburg, Austria||Bulgaria||1–0||2–0||Friendly|
- "Toprak, Ömer" (in German). kicker.de. Retrieved 2 October 2011.
- "Ömer Toprak spielt wieder für den SC Freiburg" (in German). badische-zeitung.de. 6 January 2010. Retrieved 5 May 2011.
- "Turkey squad announced for Germany and Azerbaijan qualifiers". tff.org. 30 September 2011. Retrieved 2 October 2011.
- "Freiburgs Toprak nach Unfall im Krankenhaus" (in German). focus.de. 10 June 2009. Retrieved 5 May 2011.
- "Freiburg: Toprak hofft "Ob es reicht, muss man abwarten."" (in German). reviersport.de. 1 October 2009. Retrieved 5 May 2011.