Øyvind Strømmen is a Norwegian author, translator and freelance journalist. He is known for his books on rightwing extremism and many contributions in Norwegian social- and mainstream media.
After the dual terrorist attacks in Norway on 22 July 2011, his insights and his book have been used in mainstream media to explain the violent potential in some of the ideologies and conspiracy theories utilized by the far-right, anti-Islamic groups in Europe. His 2011 book Det mørke nettet (the dark network) was praised by a reviewer for NRK as "an important contribution to understanding radical right movements, ideologies and actors in Norway and in Europe".
As of 2013[update], Strømmen is in the process of establishing a journalistic network together with journalist Kjetil Stormark which will focus on extreme movements, hate speech and hate crime in Europe, the Middle East and North Africa. The project, which is named Hate Speech International, intends to set up a website and is economically supported by the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the free speech organization Fritt Ord. He is a regular contributor to Minerva, and in June 2013 publicly posed a set of questions to the anti-Islamic blogger known as Fjordman, who had criticised the funding in Aftenposten.
- Eurofascism, 2008, Lulu.com ISBN 978-1-4303-1356-4 (English)
- Det mørke nettet. om høyreekstremisme, kontrajihadisme og terror i Europa, 2011, Cappelen Damm, ISBN 978-82-02-37027-5 (Norwegian Bokmål)
- Den sorte tråden. Europeisk høyreradikalisme fra 1920 til i dag, Cappelen Damm, ISBN 9788202370282 (Norwegian Bokmål)
- Sigve Indregaard (editor): Motgift. Akademisk respons på den nye høyreekstremismen. Flamme and Manifest Forlag. ISBN 9788202381707(Norwegian Bokmål)
- Øyvind Strømmen, fast skribent (Norwegian) Minervanett.no, retrieved 28 June 2013
- Tarjei Skirbekk (16 November 2011) 'Den ensomme ulven kommer fra en flokk' (Norwegian) nrk.no, retrieved 26 June 2013: "et viktig bidrag til å forstå høyreradikale strømninger, ideologier og aktører i Norge og i Europa".
- Martin Huseby Jensen (21 May 2013) Vil avdekke hatnettverk (Norwegian) Journalisten.no, retrieved 27 June 2013
- Are Vogt Moum (26 June 2013) Utfordrer Fjordman: Journalist Øyvind Strømmen stiller en rekke spørsmål til bloggeren Fjordman i en kronikk – men venter ikke å få svar (Norwegian) Utrop, retrieved 27 June 2013
- Leif Halvard Silli (26 June 2013) Strømmen med nytt syn på Fjordman? (Norwegian) Verdidebatt.no, Vårt Land, retrieved 27 June 2013
- Peder Nøstvold Jensen (Fjordman) (24 June 2013) Feil av Fritt Ord? (Norwegian) Aftenposten, retrieved 27 June 2013
- Øyvind Strømmen (Norwegian) Journalisten.no, retrieved 27 June 2013
- Øyvind Strømmens betraktninger (blog) (English) (Norwegian)