||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010)|
|Born||18 November 1937
|Fields||botany and conservation.|
|Institutions||Tallinn Botanic Garden|
|Known for||studies of Estonian flora.|
Education and Career
She was born in Tartu and graduated from the University of Tartu in 1960. 1960–1962 she continued to work in the university and also in the Institute of Experimental Biology of the Academy of Sciences of the Estonian SSR.
From 1965 to 1975 she worked as a member of the research staff at the Tallinn Botanic Garden. From 1976-1996 she worked for the Estonian Institute of Forestry, and since 1996, she has worked for in the Institute of the Environmental Protection of the Estonian University of Life Sciences.
Kukk's research has addressed Estonian protected plants and indigenous ornamental plants, and she has been engaged in the distribution of rare and protected plants, biology, monitoring and protection.
She is one of the founders and a board member of the Estonian Orchid Protection Club (Eesti Orhideekaitse Klubi).
She is married to botanist Erich Kukk.
- Kukk, Ülle (1972). Looduslikke dekoratiivtaimi [Wild ornamental plants] (in Estonian). Tallinn: Valgus (English version published by Light: New York)
- Pilt, Indrek; Kukk, Ülle (December 2002) . "Pulsatilla patens and Pulsatilla pratensis (Ranunculaceae) in Estonia: distribution and ecology." (Google Book). Proceedings of the Estonian Academy of Sciences, Biology and Ecology 51: 242–256. Retrieved 9 December 2010.
- Kukk, Ülle (2003). "The distribution of Ligularia sibirica (L.) Cass. in Estonia and changes in its population." (PDF). Biuletyn Ogrodów Botanicznych 12: 11–22. Retrieved 10 December 2010
- Pilt, Indrek; Kukk, Ülle (December 2002) . Pulsatilla patens and Pulsatilla pratensis (Ranunculaceae) in Estonia: distribution and ecology. (Google Book) 51 (Proceedings of the Estonian Academy of Sciences, Biology and Ecology ed.). pp. 242–256. Retrieved 9 December 2010.
- "Proceedings of the Estonian Academy of Sciences. Biology. Ecology Volume 51 No. 4 December 2002". Retrieved 9 December 2010.
- Kull, Tiiu; Kukk, Toomas; Malle, Leht; Heljo, Krall; Kukk, Ülle; Kull, Kalevi; Kuusk, Vilma (2002-02-01). Distribution trends of rare vascular plant species in Estonia (pdf) (Biodiversity and Conservation). 2 11. Netherlands: Springer. pp. 171–196. doi:10.1023/A:1014564521151
- "Red Data Book of Estonia". Retrieved 10 December 2010.
|This article about an Estonian botanist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|