|İstanbul Modern Sanat Müzesi|
İstanbul Modern logo
|Established||December 11, 2004|
|Location||Tophane, Istanbul, Turkey|
|Type||Contemporary art museum|
İstanbul Modern, aka Istanbul Museum of Modern Art, (Turkish: İstanbul Modern Sanat Müzesi) is a museum of contemporary art in the Beyoğlu district of Istanbul, Turkey. Inaugurated on December 11, 2004, the museum prominently features the work of Turkish artists. The chief curator of the museum is Levent Çalıkoglu, and the chair of the board of directors is Oya Eczacıbaşı.
İstanbul Modern features exhibition space on two floors: work from the museum's permanent collection, as well as a shop and restaurant, are located on the top floor, while temporary exhibitions are located on the lower floor, along with a cinema and arts library.
Visiting hours and admission
- Tuesday - Sunday: 10.00 - 18.00
- Thursday: 10.00 - 20.00
- Closed on Mondays.
- Free Admission on Thursdays for residents of Turkey.
- Adult: 15 TL
- Groups (more than 10 people): 12 TL
- Concessions: 8 TL (students and people of age 65 and older)
- Free admission for under 12, members, and disabled visitors.
- "International interest in İstanbul Modern: Prime Minister Erdoğan inaugurated the museum". Eczacibasi.com. Retrieved 2011-10-11.
- Istanbul Modern, Istanbul Museum Of Modern Art. "Web site of İstanbul Modern Visiting hours and admission". Istanbulmodern.org. Retrieved 2013-02-22.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to İstanbul Modern.|
- Official website (English)
|This article related to an art display, art museum or gallery is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Turkish building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|