Škoda Auto India Private Limited
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2009)|
|Headquarters||Aurangabad, Maharashtra, India|
|Number of locations||Two: Aurangabad and Chakan|
|Production output||20,019 units (2010)|
|Revenue||Kč12.5 billion (2010)
(29.9 billion INR)
($767.21 million USD)
Škoda Auto India Private Limited has been operating in India since November 2001 as a subsidiary of Škoda Auto a. s. Czech Republic (Volkswagen Group), one of the fastest growing car manufacturers in Europe. It has set up a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Shendra near Aurangabad, Maharashtra. The facility is spread across 300,000 sq. mt. Škoda Auto India has 5 models on sale in India – Superb, Laura, Fabia, Yeti and the recently launched Rapid. Škoda Auto India has a network of 106 outlets across the country. The company sold 30,005 units in 2011, which represented an increase of 50% over the preceding year.
Introduced to the market early in 2002, the Octavia was the first domestically built Škoda to be launched in India. Targeted at the Indian premium segment, its handling, fuel efficiency, and low initial price (compared to other products then available in the Indian market) made the Octavia an instant hit with the Indian car user. Its Turbocharged Direct Injection (TDI) diesel engined version, in particular, delivered a high level of fuel efficiency and (for the Indian market) power and torque, resulting in higher level of driveability when compared to existing products available in the Indian market.
Škoda Auto India Private Limited has its manufacturing plant located at Shendra on the outskirts of Aurangabad which has an annual capacity of 40,000 vehicles. This Aurangabad plant is also shared by Audi India to manufacture the Audi A4 and Audi A6 models. It also uses the Volkswagen India Private Limited plant at Chakan, Maharashtra to manufacture the Škoda Fabia and Škoda Rapid.
Škoda Auto India currently sells the following 8 fundamental models:
Manufactured/ Assembled locally
- Škoda Superb (Launched 2004)
- Škoda Laura (Launched 2005)
- Škoda Fabia (Launched 2008)
- Škoda Rapid (Launched 2011)
- Škoda Yeti (Launched 2010)
To be Discontinued
Sales and service network
Škoda Auto India Private Limited currently has 106 dealerships and 89 service centres across cities.
In 2010, Škoda Auto India Private Limited recorded sales of 20,019 units. The sales figure of the company in India in September 2011 was 1670 units. In September 2012, the same jumped by 39% to 2312 units.
- "Škoda introduces the all New Superb in Diesel & V6 4x4 Petrol versions ~ Inaugurates its 61st facility in India; the largest Concept showroom, Tafe Access in Bangalore" (PDF) (Press release). Škoda Auto India. 8 April 2009. Retrieved 2 November 2009.
- "ŠkodaAuto India achieves record sales growth of 28.5% in 2008" (PDF) (Press release). ŠkodaAuto India. 1 January 2009. Retrieved 2 November 2009.
- "Škoda Octavia". Chennai, India: TheHindu.com. 7 February 2002. Retrieved 2 November 2009.
- "Tale of the Indian Volkswagen - Auto - The Economic Times". Bennett Coleman & Co. Ltd. (EconomicTimes.IndiaTimes.com). 10 April 2008. Retrieved 2 November 2009.
- "FAQ's SKODA Auto". Skoda-auto.co.in. Retrieved 2011-08-06.
- "Škoda Auto (India) - FAQ's - What are the models offered by ŠkodaAuto India?". ŠkodaAuto India. Skoda-Auto.co.in. 2008. Retrieved 2 November 2009.
- "Škoda Auto (India) - FAQ's". ŠkodaAuto India. Skoda-Auto.co.in. 2011.
- "DealerPage Škoda Auto". Skoda-auto.co.in. Retrieved 2011-08-06.
- Škoda’s sales skyrocket by 39 percent Article On Skoda's Sales Boost By Carazoo
|« previous — Škoda Auto, a marque of the Volkswagen Group, car timeline, 1990–present|
|Supermini||Favorit / Forman||Felicia||Fabia I||Fabia II|
|Small family car||Rapid|
|Octavia I||Octavia II||Octavia III|
|Large family car||Superb I||Superb II|
|LAV||Roomster / Praktik|