99 Revolutions Tour
|99 Revolutions Tour|
Green Day performing in Rome June 5, 2013.
|World tour by Green Day|
|Location||Europe, North America|
|Associated album||¡Uno! ¡Dos! ¡Tré!|
|Start date||March 10, 2013|
|End date||August 24, 2013|
|Green Day concert chronology|
Before the announcement of the trilogy, the band had been playing "secret shows", revealing previously-unheard songs. The first of these shows was August 14 at the Tiki Bar in Costa Mesa, CA. After the announcement of the trilogy the band began performing promotional shows leading up to the tour which kicked off on March 10, 2013, in Pomona, California's Pomona Fox Theater. In 2014 following the 99 Revolutions Tour, Green Day headlined the Soundwave Festival Tour in 2014 in Australia
The tour is notable for being the first time Green Day had ever performed their 1994 album Dookie in its entirety. This was done for five shows towards the end of the tour to celebrate the album's 20th anniversary.
- Festivals and other miscellaneous performances
- All Time Low (Europe) (select dates)
- Kaiser Chiefs (London, Oslo)
- Stickup Kid (US) (SXSW)
- Best Coast (US, Canada)
- Hladno Pivo, Superhiks, Atheist Rap (Serbia)
- The Baseballs (Austria)
- Twin Atlantic (Montreux)
- Classic Hugo and the Dirty Dick Beaters (Green Day's Roadie Band) (El Paso, Trieste, and Locarno only)
- Billy Talent (Tallinn)
- Volbeat (Nîmes)
- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club (Nîmes)
- The Stitches (Pomona and Tempe only)
- Frank Turner (Brixton Academy, London only)
- Green Day
- Billie Joe Armstrong – lead vocals, lead and rhythm guitars
- Mike Dirnt – bass, backing vocals
- Tré Cool – drums, percussion
- Jason White – lead and rhythm guitars, backing vocals
- Additional Musicians
- Jason Freese – keyboards, piano, saxophone, backing vocals
- Jeff Matika – rhythm guitar, acoustic guitar, backing vocals
The setlist Green Day used changed slightly throughout the tour.
For the U.S and most of the European Tour the setlist looked like this -
1. 99 Revolutions 2. Know Your Enemy 3. Stay the Night 4. Stop When The Red Lights Flash 5. Letterbomb 6. Oh Love 7. Holiday 8. Boulevard of Broken Dreams 9. Stray Heart (occasionally) 10. Burnout
- For songs 11 - 15,16 the Band would take requests from the audience. The most requested songs were "Christie Road", "Going to Pasalacqua", "Geek Stink Breath", "2000 Light Years Away", etc.
17. Shortened covers such as "Highway to Hell" and "Sweet Child O Mine" 18. Brain Stew 19. St. Jimmy 20. When I Come Around 21. Longview 22. Basket Case 23. She 24. King for a Day 25. More shortened covers of songs such as "Hey Jude" and "Shout" 26. X Kid 27. Minority
Encore - 28. American Idiot 29. Jesus of Suburbia 30. Brutal Love
Encore 2: 31. Time of your Life (occasionally)
During the second half of the European Tour, Green Day started playing some different songs such as "Missing You" & "Nice Guys Finish Last".
At the 2014 Reading Festival, Green Day played there classic album "Dookie" from start to finish to celebrate its 20 Year Anniversary.
2014 Reading Festival Setlist:
1. 99 Revolutions 2. Know Your Enemy 3. Stay the Night 4. Stop When The Red Lights Flash 5. Letterbomb 6. Holiday 7. Boulevard of Broken Dreams 8. Let Yourself Go 9. Wake Me Up When September Ends
Dookie: 10. Burnout 11. Having A Blast 12. Chump 13. Longview 14. Welcome to Paradise 15. Pulling Teeth 16. Basket Case 17. She 18. Sassafras Roots 19. When I Come Around 20. Coming Clean 21. Emenius Sleepus 22. In the End 23. F.O.D
24. St. Jimmy 25. Waiting 26. Minority
Encore: 27. American Idiot 28. Jesus of Suburbia 29. Brutal Love
Encore 2: 30. Time of your Life