|Full name||Ángel Martínez Cervera|
|Date of birth||31 January 1986|
|Place of birth||Girona, Spain|
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|2009–2010||→ Rayo Vallecano (loan)||27||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 08:55, 29 October 2013 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
A product of RCD Espanyol's youth system, Ángel appeared in seven La Liga games with the first team during the 2006–07 season, the first on 11 March 2007 in a 1–1 away draw against Racing de Santander. He added two appearances in the side's runner-up campaign in the UEFA Cup(two wins).
In the following season Ángel was an important element in the Catalan outfit, scoring in wins at Sevilla FC (3–2) and CA Osasuna (2–1) and finishing the campaign with 28 league games. After Mauricio Pochettino's arrival as coach in January 2009, however, he was deemed surplus to requirements: after a loan move had been arranged until the end of the season with Segunda División club Gimnàstic de Tarragona, the deal collapsed as Espanyol did not sign, as originally intended, Argentine midfielder Oscar Ahumada before the 31st deadline.
He made his official debut on 29 August, playing 68 minutes in a 4–2 home win against CD Tenerife, and started in 25 of his league appearances – totalling nearly 2,000 minutes of play – during the season as the team finished in 11th position.
On 25 July 2011, Ángel signed a two-year contract with English Championship side Blackpool. The deal included an option for a third year. He made his official debut on 11 August in a penalty shootout loss against Sheffield Wednesday for the campaign's League Cup, and first appeared in the league on 27 September, in a 2–2 draw with Coventry City at the Ricoh Arena.
Toward the end of the season Ángel became a regular starter for the Seasiders, with manager Ian Holloway saying of him: "He's growing into the country, he's learning to speak English and he's settled down now. Ludovic Sylvestre is really unlucky but I'd be crazy to leave out Ángel. He's almost the first name on the teamsheet at the moment." On 17 April 2012, the day after Holloway's comments, he scored his first goal for the team, in a 1–0 home win over Leeds United.
- "Professional retain list & free transfers 2012/13" (PDF). The Football League. 18 May 2013. p. 6. Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- "Racing Santander 1–1 Espanyol". ESPN Soccernet. 11 March 2007. Retrieved 23 February 2012.
- "Tamudo stuns Sevilla". ESPN Soccernet. 25 September 2007. Retrieved 23 February 2012.
- "Osasuna 1–2 Espanyol". ESPN Soccernet. 25 November 2007. Retrieved 23 February 2012.
- "Cancelado el fichaje de Ángel por el Nástic" [Ángel's move to Nástic cancelled] (in Spanish). Marca. 31 January 2009.
- "Ángel Martínez, nuevo jugador del Girona" [Ángel Martínez, new Girona player] (in Spanish). Marca. 31 July 2010. Retrieved 23 February 2012.
- "Transfer latest". Blackpool F.C. 25 July 2011. Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- "Sheffield Wednesday 0–0 Blackpool (4–2 penalties)". BBC Sport. 11 August 2011. Retrieved 23 February 2012.
- "Coventry 2–2 Blackpool". BBC Sport. 27 September 2011. Retrieved 23 February 2012.
- "Blackpool's Angel Martinez a first pick – Ian Holloway". BBC Sport. 16 April 2012. Retrieved 16 April 2012.
- "Blackpool 1–0 Leeds United". BBC Sport. 17 April 2012. Retrieved 17 April 2012.
- Blackpool official profile
- Espanyol official profile
- BDFutbol profile
- Ángel career stats at Soccerbase