|Founder||Fernando De Fuentes
José Carlos García De Letona
|Headquarters||Mexico City, Mexico|
|Fernando De Fuentes President
José C. García De Letona Executive Vice President/COO 
Ánima Estudios is a Mexican animation studio founded in 2002 by Fernando De Fuentes, José Carlos García De Letona and Federico Unda. It produces animated content distributed mainly in Mexico and Latin America. It is best known for El Chavo Animado, Top Cat: The Movie, Teenage Fairytale Dropouts and La Leyenda de las Momias.
Ánima Estudios was founded in 2002. It's the leading animation studio in Latin America.
On 14 December 2005, the studio announced a partnership with Estación Espacial to produce a new miniseries called Poncho Balón. It ran on Canal 5 during the 2006 FIFA World Cup. It features the voice of Humberto Vélez as the title character.
In 2006, Ánima Estudios produced a new TV series, El Chavo Animado, based on the popular live-action series of the same name created by Roberto Gómez Bolaños. It premiered on Canal 5 in Mexico on 21 October 2006. It later premiered in the United States on Univision on 24 January 2008 with highly successful ratings. It is, as of today, the highest rated animated show in all of Latin America.
On 12 February 2008, Variety reported that the studio partnered with New York City-based Classic Media (now known as DreamWorks Classics) to produce a new animated feature, titled Kung Fu Magoo, featuring Mr. Magoo. This marked as the studio's first U.S.-Mexico co-production.
On 6 October 2008, The Hollywood Reporter reported that Porchlight Entertainment and Ánima Estudios announced an international agreement to produce, A Martian Christmas, a sci-fi holiday television film. It was released direct-to-video on 10 November 2009. As of today, it remains one of the rarest films to date.
The studio released its third film, El Agente 00-P2, an action comedy film that references the popular James Bond movies. It stars the voices of Jaime Camil, Dulce María and Silvia Pinal and was released on 13 February 2009.
On 7 December 2009, the company made an international agreement with Argentina's Illusion Studios and Toonz India Ltd to co-produce the computer animated film, Gaturro, which is based on the popular Argentine comic book series of the same name and was released on 10 September 2010 in Argentina in 3D. It was the first Indian-Latin American co-production and was very successful at the Argentinian box office, earning $1,818,510 pesos ($460,098 USD).
On 11 May 2010, Kung Fu Magoo, an action comedy film based on the popular cartoon character, Mr. Magoo, was released direct-to-video in the United States, and later has its television premiere on Disney XD on February 7, 2011. In the English version, the film features the voices of Chris Parnell, Dylan and Cole Sprouse, Alyson Stoner, and Kenny Mayne as himself.
On 22 January 2010, the studio released their fifth animated film, AAA – Sin Límite en el Tiempo, which is the fictional take on the Mexican lucha libre professional wrestling promotion team, Asistencia Asesoría y Administración.
On 8 April 2011, the studio originally announced their then-newest project, Monster Resort, which was going to be written by Tim McKeon and Kevin Seccia and set for a 2013 release. However, this project was later canceled, likely due to similarities with Sony Pictures Animation´s Hotel Transylvania.
On 16 September 2011, the studio released its seventh animated film, Top Cat: The Movie, a.k.a. Don Gato y su Pandilla in Mexico, distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. It is based on the short-lived Hanna Barbera cartoon, Top Cat. The film became a huge box office success in Mexico, and became one of the most successful releases for a Mexican production.
On 28 September 2011, the company has announced an international partnership with Australia's SLR Productions, Home Plate Entertainment, and Ireland's Telegael to create a new animated series, called Teenage Fairytale Dropouts. The show was loosely based on the studio's first film, Magos y Gigantes and premiered on 31 December 2012 on Seven Network in Australia.
On 21 October 2011, the studio released a horror-comedy film, La Leyenda de la Llorona, which is a sequel to Animex's La Leyenda de la Nahuala. The movie was among the top 5 most successful movies of the year in Mexico.
In 2012, the company have celebrated its 10th anniversary.
The studio created a new film label, Átomo Films, aiming for teens and adults and has released the film, El Santos vs. La Tetona Mendoza, on November 30. It is a film adaption of the popular Mexican comic book series, created by José Ignacio Solórzano, and it stars an ensemble voice cast of famous Mexican actors, such as Daniel Giménez Cacho, José María Yazpik, Héctor Jiménez, and veteran filmmaker Guillermo del Toro. This film was later shown at the 2013 Annecy Film Festival, becoming the first Mexican animated feature to premiere at that event.
On 1 December 2012, Variety has reported that the studio is focusing on developing new projects in English. “U.S. and European buyers pay close attention to the lip sync," said Fernando de Fuentes. "Latin American buyers are more used to buying dubbed products. It’s right to go with English to attack those markets first.” Additionally, the studio has also announced that the company's first CGI film, Champions of Oz (now titled, Wicked Flying Monkeys!) and a sequel to Top Cat are in development.
On 5 February 2013, Ánima Estudios announced a partnership with Spain's Vodka Capital and Televisa Home Entertainment to co-produce a multi-platform series, titled Bugsted. The franchise consists a series of collectible action figures, a game app developed for the iOS and Android systems, and a TV miniseries aimed for children, aimed 8-11.
On 12 June 2013, Variety reported that a sequel to Llorona, titled La Leyenda de las Momias, is currently in production.
On 2 August 2013, Top Cat: The Movie saw a limited theatrical release in the United States through Viva Pictures, with actors, Rob Schneider and Danny Trejo lending their voices as Lou Strickland and Griswald, respectively.
On 7 November 2013, it has been reported that the company announced its first CGI film as a lead producer, titled Wicked Flying Monkeys, which is currently in production. The film is the studio's biggest production to date and is also their first English-language production. The film is an adaptation of The Wizard of Oz books, but will have an original story. It is produced with India's Discreet Arts and international rights will be handled by FilmSharks. Wicked Flying Monkeys! was created, written and executive produced by Jorge Gutierrez.
On 22 May 2014, Televisa Interactive Media published and released Kickos, a new soccer-themed game app developed by Ánima Estudios for the Android and iOS systems. Kickos was a featured app in the App Store in 17 countries and was also highlighted as one of the best new games in the App Store during the weeks after its release. The app is currently available on the iTunes App Store and Google Play.
On 31 May 2014, Teenage Fairytale Dropouts premiered in the United States on the Hub Network, which was the first time a Latin American animated series was acquired by a major U.S. network and the first time the studio entered the market. It was later removed from the network's schedule for unknown reasons.
On 17 September 2014, Variety reported that a computer-animated follow-up to Top Cat: The Movie, titled Top Cat Begins, is set to be released on 7 August 2015, distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures in Mexico. Additionally, it is also announced that the studio is currently in production with a feature film adaptation of DePatie-Freleng's Here Comes the Grump.
On 18 February 2015, European division company, Ánima Kitchent, has announced a partnership with Famosa to adapt its PinyPon toy brand into a television series, and is expected to premiere sometime in 2016.
On 10 april 2015 was the premiere in theaters of "Wicked Flying Monkeys", reaching the third place at the box office of that week and becoming the 4th Mexican movie earning more money during this year. At the same time the movie was launched un Russia, being the very first Latin American movie released in a commercial citcuit in that country. During the Cannes film festival has been sold for distribution to the U.K., Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Australia and New Zealand. 
On 15 april 2015 was the premiere of El Chapulín Colorado animated series in the digital platform VEO, gaining a good reception with the audience and the critics and waiting to be launched on air TV.
|#||Title||Release date||Box-office (MXN)||Box-office (USD)|
|1||Magos y Gigantes
(Wizards and Giants)
|November 19, 2003||$8,241,441||$731,662|
|2||Imaginum||August 19, 2005||N/A||N/A|
|3||El Agente 00-P2
(Agent Macaw: Shaken and Stirred)
|February 13, 2009||$22,573,000||$1,518,150|
|4||AAA – Sin Límite en el Tiempo
(AAA: The Movie)
|January 22, 2010||$7,136,000||$557,931|
|5||Don Gato y su PandillaA
(Top Cat: The Movie)
|September 16, 2011||$112,228,000||$14,714,672|
|6||La Leyenda de la Llorona||October 21, 2011||$55,320,000||$2,910,573|
|7||Gaturro: La PeliculaA
(Gaturro: The Movie)
|April 27, 2012||$1,112,700||$2,157,668|
|8||El Santos vs. La Tetona MendozaB||November 30, 2012||$11,026,615||$946,300|
|9||La Leyenda de las Momias de Guanajuato||October 30, 2014||$92,239,000||$6,321,314|
|10||Wicked Flying Monkeys||April 10, 2015||TBD||TBD|
|1||A Martian Christmas||November 10, 2009|
|2||Trepsi, Nuny y Wicho - Los Amigos de Trepsi||2009|
|3||Kung Fu Magoo||May 11, 2010|
|4||Trepsi, Nuny y Wicho - Arriba y Abajo||2012|
|Top Cat Begins||August 7, 2015|||
Films in development
|Ana y Bruno|||
|Here Comes the Grump film|||
|#||Title||Premiere date||End date||Network|
|1||El Chavo Animado||October 21, 2006||present||Canal 5
Cartoon Network LA
|2||Teenage Fairytale Dropouts||December 31, 2012||2014||Seven Network
|3||El Chapulín Colorado animated series||April 13, 2015 (Online)|
|#||Title||Premiere date||End date||Network|
|3||Poncho Balón||2005||2006||Canal 5|
Upcoming television series
|El Chavo Kart
Concept art and animated intro
|February 21, 2014||Slang Publishing||Xbox 360
PlayStation 3 
|1||Bugsted||2013||Televisa Home Entertainment||iOS
|2||Kickos||May 22, 2014||Televisa Interactive Media||iOS
- José C. García De Letona |
- Aguilar, Ninotchka (28 July 2012). "ANIMA ESTUDIOS SE EXPANDE CREA ATOMO FILMS | Prensaescenario". Worldpress. Retrieved 3 November 2013.
- "Ánima estudios inicia operaciones en Europa". Lideres Mexicanos. 22 April 2014. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- "Ánima Estudios: la animación mexicana en lo más alto". Prensario Internacional (Editorial Prensario S.R.L.). 17 July 2014. Retrieved 18 July 2014.
- "México se anima con Magos y Gigantes". 17 November 2003. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- "Ánima Estudios hace Imaginum". 14 October 2005. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- "Imaginum de Ánima Estudios conquista más de 100 países". 8 April 2010. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- ANIMA ESTUDIOS COPRODUCES 'PONCHO SUCKERBALL' WITH ESTACION ESPACIAL
- Poncho Balón va a la final
- El Chavo Bows Big | Animation Magazine
- O'Boyle, Michael (12 February 2008). "Anima, Classic to do 'Magoo'". Variety. Retrieved 21 January 2010.
- Goldstein, Gregg (6 October 2008). "PorchLight reveals two projects". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- LÓPEZ AGUIRRE, SERGIO (23 February 2009). "Jaime Camil es el Agente 00-P2". Cine Premiere. Retrieved 11 November 2013.
- "Ánima Estudios e Illusion Studios darán vida a Gaturro | Revista Merca 2.0". 8 December 2009. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- "Indiantelevision.com > Kidology > Toonz Animation, Illusion Studios to produce 'Gaturro' for $6 mn". 20 May 2009. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- ""Gaturro" salta al 3D de la mano de Ánima Estudios e Illusion Studios - LatAmcinema.com". 7 December 2009. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- "Toonz Animation’s Gaturro tops box office in Argentina - Businessofcinema.com". 28 September 2010. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- ""Gaturro" atrapa el primer puesto en la taquilla argentina | 365cine". 13 September 2010. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- Kung Fu Magoo emerges on DVD | Cartoon Brew
- AAA Sin límite en el tiempo | Cine PREMIERE
- “AAA: SIN LÍMITE EN EL TIEMPO” - Cinelatino.com
- Huerta, Cesar (8 April 2011). "El Universal - - Más proyectos para hacer con Anima". El Universal (El Universal). Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- Hecht, John (2011-09-20). "Mexican Animated Film 'Top Cat' Breaks Record at Box Office". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2012-06-09.
- Hoad, Phil (2011-10-11). "Don Gato – aka Top Cat – rides the crest of a Mexican wave | Film | guardian.co.uk". London: Guardian. Retrieved 2012-06-09.
- Zahed, Ramin (28 September 2011). "‘Teenage Fairytale Dropouts’ Gets Happy Ending | Animation Magazine". Animation Magazine. Retrieved 30 October 2013.
- Twitter image of Teenage Fairytale Dropouts (see the description; in Spanish)
- LA LLORONA SE 'ANIMA' | TOPCINEMA
- Anima Estudios nos traerá La Leyenda de la Llorona
- "Llega "Gaturro. La película" a salas de cine de la Ciudad de México". 27 April 2012. Retrieved 18 March 2014.
- Gutiérre, Vicente (9 September 2012). "Ánima Estudios, 10 años de éxitos, tropiezos y cine | El Economista". El Economista. Retrieved 3 November 2013.
- "Las voces de El Santos Vs. La Tetona Mendoza". November 18, 2012. Retrieved 12 November 2013.
- Se presentará "El Santos vs la tetona Mendoza" en el Festival Annecy 2013 | Crónica
- Young, James (1 December 2012). "Mexican animator adds English - Entertainment News, Animation, Media - Variety". Variety. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- Milligan, Mercedes (5 February 2013). "Anima Estudios to Co-Pro Vodka’s ‘Bugsted’". Animation Magazine. Retrieved 24 May 2014.
- Raymundo, Neil (7 February 2013). "Anima Estudios and Vodka Team Up for Bugsted". Toon Barn. Retrieved 24 May 2014.
- Anima Puts ‘Momias’ into Pre-prod (EXCLUSIVE) | Variety
- ‘Top Cat: The Movie’: Viva Takes U.S. Rights (EXCLUSIVE) | Variety
- ROB SCHNEIDER AND DANNY TREJO LENDING THEIR VOICES FOR TOP CAT: THE MOVIE | Alien Bee Entertainment News
- "Invertirá Latin Idea Ventures 170 mdd en Ánima Estudios". Diario Rotativo. 17 October 2013. Retrieved 3 November 2013.
- AFM: Film Sharks Toons Up Anima’s Feature ‘Wicked Flying Monkeys’ (EXCLUSIVE) | Variety
- Ánima Estudios debuta en mercado anglo | El nuevo Herald
- Hopewell, John (13 May 2014). "Mexican and Spanish Animation Execs Launch Anima Kitchent". Variety. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- "Harán caricatura de "El Chapulín Colorado" (in Spanish)". AM.com.mx. 28 April 2014. Retrieved 30 April 2014.
- "Creadores de El Chavo animado debutan en EU". El Universal. 30 May 2014. Retrieved 31 May 2014.
- Vélez, Julio (21 May 2014). "Se confirma serie animada de El Chapulín Colorado". Cine Premiere. Retrieved 22 May 2014.
- Reyes, Rosario (21 May 2014). "Prueba hoy la nueva app mexicana de futbol". El Finaciero. Retrieved 24 May 2014.
- "Llega el videojuego "Kickos" para plataformas móviles". El Punto. 21 May 2014. Retrieved 24 May 2014.
- "Ánima: Teenage Fairytale Dropouts llega a EE.UU.". Presnario Internacional. 26 May 2014. Retrieved 28 May 2014.
- J. McLean, Thomas (28 April 2014). "Hub Debuts ‘Teenage Fairytale Dropouts’ May 31". Animation Magazine. Retrieved 30 April 2014.
- Amidi, Amid (18 September 2014). "Mexican Studio Anima Will Make CGI ‘Top Cat’ Feature". Cartoon Brew. Retrieved 18 September 2014.
- de la Fuente, Anna Marie (September 17, 2014). "Anima Brings ‘Top Cat Begins’ to the Bigscreen". Variety. Retrieved September 18, 2014.
- "'La Leyenda de Las Momias de Guanajuato' llegará en 4DX". Terra (Terra). 15 October 2014. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- "La primer película mexicana en 4DX será animada". Chilango (Grupo Expansión, S.A. de C.V.). 15 October 2014. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- "Famosa se une a Anima Kitchent para llevar a PinyPon a la pantalla (in Spanish)". ABC.es (DIARIO ABC, S.L.). 18 February 2015. Retrieved 19 February 2015.
- Milligan, Mercedes (18 February 2015). "Anima Kitchent, Famosa Adapting ‘Pinypon’". Animation Magazine (Animation Magazine). Retrieved 20 February 2015.
- Wolfe, Jennifer (16 April 2015). "Imira Entertainment’s ‘The Aviators’ Flies to North America". Animation World Network (Animation World Network). Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- Hopewell, John (15 May 2015). "Cannes: ‘Wicked Flying Monkeys’ Rolls Out Sales". Variety. Retrieved 15 May 2015.
- "Mexico Box Office, December 12-18". Box Office Mojo. Amazon.com. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "Magos y Gigantes". Box Office Mojo. Amazon.com. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "Mexico Box Office, April 3-5, 2009". Box Office Mojo. Amazon.com. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "El Agente 00-P2 (2009)". Box Office Mojo. Amazon.com. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "Mexico Box Office, March 12-14". Box Office Mojo. Amazon.com. Retrieved 16 March 2014.
- "AAA, La Película: Sin Límite en el Tiempo". Box Office Mojo. Amazon.com. Retrieved 16 March 2014.
- "Mexico Box Office, November 4-6, 2011". Box Office Mojo. Amazon.com. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "Top Cat (2011)". Box Office Mojo. Amazon.com. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "Mexico Box Office, December 9-11, 2011". Box Office Mojo. Amazon.com. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "La leyenda de la lorona (2011)". Box Office Mojo. Amazon.com. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "Mexico Box Office, June 8-10, 2012". Box Office Mojo. Amazon.com. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "Gaturro, la pelicula (2010)". Box Office Mojo. Amazon.com. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "Mexico Box Office, December 28–30, 2012". Box Office Mojo. Amazon.com. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "El Santos VS la Tetona Mendoza". Box Office Mojo. Amazon.com. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "Don Gato 2" se estrenará el 7 de agosto del 2015. Con René Franco
- TEENAGE FAIRYTALE DROPOUTS
- Anima Estudios to Co-Pro Vodka's 'Bugsted'
- "Kickos - YouTube". YouTube. Anima Estudios. Retrieved 27 August 2014.
- "Kickos - YouTube". Anima Estudios. Anima Estudios. Retrieved 2014.
- El Chavo Kart Developer Diary - Ánima Estudios - YouTube
- kart&dir=desc&order=fecha_lanzamiento Chavo Kart en Gameplanet | Gameplanet
- Twitter / AnimaEstudios: Ya pueden jugar Bugsted, nuestro... (in Spanish)
- Televisa Movil y Ánima Estudios lanzan Kickos (in Spanish)
- Official site (English)
- Official site (Español)
- Official site for Ánima Kitchent
- Ánima Estudios at the Big Cartoon DataBase