||An automated process has detected links on this page on the local or global blacklist.|
|• Governor||Hüseyin Parlak|
|• Mayor||Hazım Caner Can (AKP)|
|• District||632.63 km2 (244.26 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,175 m (3,855 ft)|
|• District Density||11/km2 (28/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Çamlıdere is a town and district of Ankara Province in the Central Anatolia region of Turkey, 108 km north-west of the city of Ankara. According to 2010 census, population of the district is 7297 of which 2994 live in the town of Çamlıdere. The district covers an area of 633 km2 (244 sq mi), and the average elevation is 1,175 m (3,855 ft).
Çamlıdere was settled by the Seljuk Turks and there are a number of Seljuk period buildings in the area.
A large number of fossils and petrified forest have been found in the area.
This is an attractive woodland district with lakes, meadows, a deer park, a scout camp and many other places for camping, walking and picnics. In summertime Çamlıdere is busy with day-trippers from Ankara and there is a growing number of guest-houses for weekenders coming to enjoy the fresh air and open skies. The people in this rural area are typically conservative and religious in outlook.
Places of interest
- The country house of former president İsmet İnönü.
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- "Population of city, towns and villages - 2010". Turkish Statistical Institute.
- GeoHive. "Statistical information on Turkey's administrative units". Retrieved 2008-03-28.
- Statoids. "Statistical information on districts of Turkey". Retrieved 2008-05-05.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc. "Geographical information on Çamlıdere, Turkey". Retrieved 2008-03-28.
- Governorship of Çamlıdere, Turkey. "General information on Çamlıdere district of Ankara" (in Turkish). Archived from the original on 2008-02-13. Retrieved 2008-03-28.
- District governor's official website (Turkish)
|This geographical article about a location in Ankara Province, Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|