Location of Çatalpınar within Turkey.
|• Mayor||Ahmet Türe (AKP)|
|• District||47.06 km2 (18.17 sq mi)|
|Elevation||22 m (72 ft)|
|• District density||310/km2 (810/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Çatalpınar is a town and district of Ordu Province in the Black Sea region of Turkey, 56 km from the city of Ordu and 20 km from the town of Fatsa. According to the 2000 census, population of the district is 23,192 of which 10,265 live in the town of Çatalpınar. The district covers an area of 47 km2 (18 sq mi), and the town lies at an elevation of 22 m (72 ft).
The local economy depends on agriculture, particularly growing hazelnuts and grazing animals. There is a mineral water spring in the village of Elmaköy.
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Turkish Statistical Institute. "Census 2000, Key statistics for urban areas of Turkey" (XLS) (in Turkish). Retrieved 2009-04-25.
- GeoHive. "Statistical information on Turkey's administrative units". Retrieved 2009-04-25.
- Statoids. "Statistical information on districts of Turkey". Retrieved 2009-04-25.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc. "Geographical information on Çatalpınar, Turkey". Retrieved 2009-04-25.
- District governor's official website (Turkish)
- Road map of Çatalpınar and environs
- Detailed map of Çatalpınar district
- Various images of Çatalpınar, Ordu
|This geographical article about a location in Ordu Province, Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|