The Çorum pogrom or Çorum massacres occurred in the province of Çorum in Turkey between May and July 1980. Nationalist Sunni Muslims targeted the Alevi Turkish minority and killed more than half a hundred of them. More than 200 were injured. Another target was the social-liberal Republican People's Party (CHP). Many victims were youngsters and women.
Islamist and Nationalist millitants of the far-right Nationalist Movement Party (MHP) attacked a district where Alevi Turkish citizens live as a minority and causing the death of (an official source) 57 leftists and wounding hundreds of people, predominantly Alevi Turks. The Grey Wolves claimed responsibility for the pogrom.
In 2012 "former rightist agitator" Adnan Baran stated that uncertainty remains about exact nature of the events and urged that a dialogue between the rightists and leftists take place in order to better understand the events, which he speculated might have been part of a larger military plan to set up a pretext for the Sept. 12, 1980 coup.
- Cüneyt Arcayürek: Darbeler ve Gizli Servisler, (Sayfa.221)
- Aksiyon, Bir bakan, bir cinayet, bir ihtilal, (Sayfa.181)
- Cumhuriyet Gazetesi 02.06.1980
- Sadık Eral, Anadolu’da Alevi katliamı, (Sayfa.88)
- 12 Eylül Belgeseli 6. Bölüm 1980 Son Hız
- Nokta Dergisi, Sayı: 22 Tarih: 08.06.1986
- Aydınlık Gazetesi Tarih: 09.07.1980
- Çorum Gazetesi, 31.07.1980 ve Cumhuriyet Gazetesi Röportajı
- Çorum Olayları'nda ölen 57 kişi için ilk anma töreni - Netgazete.com
- Sadık Eral: Çaldıran'dan Çorum'a Anadolu'da Alevi Katliamları; Ant Yayınları, 2. Auflage, 1993; S. 133–134
- Sadık Eral: Çaldıran'dan Çorum'a Anadolu'da Alevi Katliamları; Ant Yayınları, 2. Auflage, 1993; S. 73–76
- Today's Zaman, 2 January 2012, Former rightist calls for dialogue over 1980 Çorum massacre,http://www.todayszaman.com/news-267446-former-rightist-calls-for-dialogue-over-1980-corum-massacre.html