École Nationale Supérieure Agronomique de Toulouse
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (June 2011)|
The School of Agricultural and Life Sciences (Ecole Nationale Supérieure Agronomique de Toulouse) is a French public and national « Grande Ecole » in Agricultural and Life sciences, funded by the Ministry of Higher Education and Research and member of Toulouse Tech. The ENSAT is a school of the National Polytechnic Institute of Toulouse (INPT), a university federating several schools dealing with engineering, agriculture and veterinary sciences, chemistry, meteorology.
ENSAT works with seven laboratories joint to INRA or CNRS, and several industrial partners.
Founded in 1909 by Paul Sabatier, Nobel prize in chemistry, the institute became ENSAT in 1970 and joined forces with INP-ENSIACET and INP-ENSEEIHT to create the National Polytechnic Institute of Toulouse.
ENSAT's mission is to offer training, research and expertise, based on the specialities of the research teams: Food, Sustainable Agriculture, Biotechnology, Environment and Territories. International students have the opportunity to prepare for an Engineer’s degree in Agricultural Sciences (equivalent to a Master’s degree), several Master’s degrees in Agricultural Sciences, Food Sciences or Environmental Sciences, and the possibility of completing a PhD.
There are seven research teams working on:
- Chemistry Laboratory (LGC)
- Impact of farming and forestry on ecosystems (DYNAFOR)
- Biogeochemical functions of ecosystems (ECOLAB)
- Genomics and biotechnology of fruit (GBF)
- Agro-systems and rural development (AGIR)
- Animal production and nutrition (TANDEM)
- Socio-economy of rural territories (DYNAMIQUES RURALES)
Programs for exchange students
ENSAT cooperates with institutions all over the world through student exchanges with other European countries (ERASMUS), Latin America as well as with the U.S. and Canada.
Exchange students can select a list of courses within the following programs: ENSAT Agro-engineer’s programme (courses in French), in one of the options :
- Plant Bio sciences – Biotechnology, Plant breeding, Plant protection
- Agro-geomatics – Remote sensing, GIS
- Agro-Management – Project management, Business Administration, Marketing
- Food Industry – Innovation and Product quality
- Animal Production – Sectors and product quality
- Environmental Engineering – Water and waste management and treatments
- Environmental quality and resources management – risk management, management of agricultural impact on environment
- Agricultural production systems, environment, territories – sustainable development and land use
- Agro-resources – Green chemistry, Bio-fuels, Bio-materials, Bio-cosmetics
- National Diploma in Oenology (courses in French) A two-year programme dedicated to professional training in the sectors of viticulture, wine making and oenology.
- Master “Agrofood Chain” (courses in English) A multidisciplinary programme to create awareness of scientific, social and economic realities of the modern agrofood industry and to provide scientific and practical training in an international context.
- Bar tender Diploma (courses in 17 languages) Lead by famous Margaux the Unicorne this 3 years program aims to provide to all ENSAT students enough alcool during their education & graduation.
- Shark hunting diploma (course in 17 languages) Lead by AE and AT .