EMLYON Business School
|EMLYON Business School|
|Ecole Supérieure de Commerce de Lyon|
|Motto||Educating entrepreneurs for the world|
|Type||Private business school|
EMLYON Business School (formerly École de management de Lyon) is a French business school. It was founded in Lyon (France) in 1872 by the local business community, and is affiliated to the Lyon Chamber of Commerce and Industry. It has triple accreditation: EQUIS by the EFMD, AMBA, and the AACSB. Its MBA program is currently ranked 92 worldwide,  according to the Financial Times (up from 100 in 2011).
The school was created in 1872, nine years before HEC Paris. It is the fourth Business school in France created after ESCP Europe, École supérieure de commerce de Rouen and École de management de Normandie.
The first name of the school was ESCAE Lyon, then École supérieure de commerce de Lyon (ESCL), then changed to EM Lyon in 1997, for the 125th anniversary of the school. The final name, EMLYON Business School, was chosen in 2005.
Its main campus is located in Ecully and in 2007 the school opened a new campus in Shanghai.
The school has been part of the G16+ network since 1983.
EMLYON has two campuses, in Lyon (Ecully) and Shanghai.
For many years EMLYON has developed partnerships with Chinese universities. A "Master en Administration des Affaires de Canton"(Master of Business Administration) in collaboration with the "Université Lyon-III"(Jean Moulin University Lyon 3)and the Lingnan College (part of the Sun Yat-sen University)was launched in 1997. It is a fully French speaking Master, which has been awarded in 2004 by the Chinese Ministry of Education. EMLYON has opened an office in Shangai in 2000 and a new campus in September 2007 within the campus of the East China Normal University.
Instruction at EMLYON focuses on three areas: Internationalisation, Entrepreneurship and Social Responsibility.
Programmes of EMLYON include the following:
- European Master in Management (or triple MSc in Management) in cooperation with 2 world leading business schools : Aston Business School and Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich
- MSc in Management, for students from the French "classes préparatoires" or French and international students with a bachelor degree
- Double Degree with HEC Montreal, leading to a Bachelor's from the Canadian school and a M.Sc in Management from EMLYON in only 4 years 
- MSc in Luxury Management & Marketing
- MSc in Sports & Outdoor Industry Management
- MSc in Innovation, Design, Entrepreneurship & Arts (I.D.E.A. - in cooperation with Centrale Lyon)
- Global Entrepreneurship Program (in cooperation with Purdue University and Zhejiang University)
- Specialised Masters programmes, in 12 different fields
- International MBA
- Executive programmes
- Entrepreneurship programmes
- PhD in Management programme
- Financial Times: 92nd MBA in the world (Global MBA Ranking 2013)
- The Economist: 5th MBA in France, 70th MBA Worldwide (The Top 100 MBA Programs worldwide, 2013)
- Le Figaro: 3rd Business School in France (November 2012)
EMLYON Business School hosts the student association called the Petit Paumé, which is the second biggest (reference missing?) student association of France in terms of financial means. EMLYON Business School also hosts the event called "Le défi de Bacchus" which is the bigger competition of wine-testing in Europe between students and professionals. A competition well known for the degustation of French "grands crus" such as Château d'Yquem and because the restaurants where this event takes place are always Michelin starred (Michelin being the European Zagat).
- EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System)
- AMBA (Association of MBAs)
- AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business)
Notable alumni of EMLYON
- Bernard Fornas (ESC 1970), President and CEO, Cartier International
- César Giron (ESC 1987), CEO, Pernod
- Marc Ouayoun (ESC 1995), Managing director, Porsche France
- Philippe Marcel (ESC 1976), President, Adecco France
- Fabrice Ducceschi (ESC 1986), President, Nike France
- Christian Nibourel (IMBA 1982), President, Accenture Western Europe
- Vincent Prolongeau (ESC 1987), Managing director, Tropicana
- Liste des membres du G16+