|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012)|
Édith Butler OC (born Marie Nicole Butler 27 July 1942 in Paquetville, New Brunswick) is an Acadian singer-songwriter and folklorist. Her career began in the early 1960s with performances in Moncton, followed by national appearances on CBC Television's Singalong Jubilee.
2003's Madame Butlerfly is her most recent studio recording.
- Butler was appointed an Officer of the Order of Canada in June 1975.
- Butler was one of the four musicians pictured on the second series of the Canadian Recording Artist Series issued by Canada Post stamps on 2 July 2009.
- In 2009, Butler received the Governor General's Performing Arts Award for Lifetime Artistic Achievement.
- Canada Post Stamp Details, July to September 2009, Volume XVIII, No. 3, p. 6
- "Paul Gross, Robert Lepage, awarded performing arts Governor General's awards". Vancouver Sun (Canwest). 2 March 2009. Retrieved 10 December 2009.[dead link]
- (French) Édith Butler official website
- The Canadian Encyclopedia: Édith Butler
- Jam: Édith Butler
- (French) Quebec Info Musique: Édith Butler
|This article about a Canadian singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|