|Full name||Íþróttafélag Reykjavíkur|
|Manager||Haukur Þór Haraldsson|
|League||2. deild karla|
|2013||2. deild karla, 4th|
Íþróttafélag Reykjavíkur or ÍR (Reykjavik Athletic) is an Icelandic sport club, based in Reykjavík. It has teams in football, handball, basketball, athletics, tenpin bowling, skiing, taekwondo, judo and dancing.
Anita henriksdóttir Iceland national record holder in the women's 800 metres and 2000 metres steeplechase. In 2013 Henriksdóttir won the 800 metres at the World Youth Championships in athletics and the European Junior Championships in athletics.
The ÍR basketball team has won the most championships with 15 Icelandic Premier League wins.
Trophies and achievements
- Icelandic Premier League: (15):
- 1953-54, 1954–55, 1956–57, 1959–60, 1960–61, 1961–62, 1962–63, 1963–64, 1968–69, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1971–72, 1972–73, 1974–75, 1976–77
- Iceland basketball Cups: (2):
- 2001, 2007
- Icelandic First Division (2):
- 1986-87, 1999-00
D Division Icelandic Champions (1985)
C Division Icelandic runners up (1986)
B Division Icelandic runners up (1998)
Champions of Reykjavík (2008)
Lengjan Cup, B-Division (2008)
2nd Division Icelandic Champions (2008)
ÍR currently plays in the Premier League.
- Official homepage
- Official Homepage of Basketball division
- (Icelandic) KKÍ: ÍR - kki.is
- EUROBasket: ÍR Reykjavik basketball team
|This article about an Icelandic football club is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a basketball team in Europe is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|