Ólína Þorvarðardóttir (born September 8, 1958) is a member of the Icelandic parliament Alþingi, representing the Samfylking (Social Democratic Alliance) for the Northwest Constituency since 2009. Ólína has been an active scholar in social Sciences, a principal of the Junior College of Ísafjörður (Menntaskólinn á Ísafirði) 2001–2006; lecturer at the University of Iceland (Folklore, Icelandic literature) 1992–2000. Before participating in politics Ólína worked as a journalist, reporter and TV-anchor at the State Broadcasting Station (RÚV) 1987–1990. Ólína has published several books and articles on political and social matters. She is an active rescue team volunteer for Slysavarnafélagið Landsbjörg where she specializes in training and working with rescue dogs.
Present Parliamentary Committees 
- Member of the Committee on the Environment since 2009 (Chairman 2010).
- Vice-Chairman of the Committee on Fisheries and Agriculture since 2009 (Vice-Chairman since 2009).
- Member of the Committee on Transport and Communications since 2010.
- Chairman of the Icelandic delegation to the West Nordic Council since 2009
- Chairman of The West Nordic Council since 2010).
Earlier committees 
- Member of the Committee on Social Affairs and Social Security 2009–2010.
Life and career 
||This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2011)
Published books 
External links