From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In 2002, he was charged with allegations that he violated Article 8 of Turkey's Anti-Terror Law by "propagandating separatism" for his book Pontos Kültürü. In 2003, Article 8 was abolished, and Asan was acquitted as a result.
- 1996 : Pontos Kültürü in Turkish ISBN 975-344-220-3
- 2000 : Hasan İzzettin Dinamo, biography
- 2005 : Niko'nun kemençesi, short stories
- Articles, stories and rasearch studies published in Radikal, Sabah and Milliyet newspapers, Gezi, Yaşasın Edebiyat, Adam Öykü and Kafkasya Yazıları, Sky Life.
- Abdi İpekçi, Peace and Friendship Award presented by Turkish-Greek Friendship Association for his article published in Milliyet newspaper.
- 'Pontos Kültürü' yargılandı - 11-07-2002 Özgür Politika
- English PEN. "Omer ASAN". Retrieved September 23, 2006.
- Trabzon Greek: A language without a tongue
- Folk songs of Pontos in Turkish
- Writers in Prison Committee
- Ömer Asan's personal page
- Ömer Asan International Herald Tribune interview