|Full name||Østsiden Idrettslag Fredrikstad|
|Founded||14 June 1935|
|2013||Second Division/ 1, 13th (relegated)|
The club was formed as Østsiden IL on 14 June 1935, and includes football and handball branches. The name "Østsiden Idrettslag Fredrikstad" was introduced after a merge between Østsiden IL and the handball club Fredrikstad HK on 29 November 2007.
Notable former players on Østsiden IL's male football team include Jørn Andersen and Egil Olsen. The team reached the quarter finals in the Norwegian Football Cup in 1962, after beating FC Lyn in the fourth round. The club was relegated from the Second Division in 2008, and played three season in the Third Division before they won promotion in 2011. The club finished the 2013 season as 13th in their Second Division group, and was relegated to the Third Division.
- "Tabell 2. divisjon, avdeling 1 2013". nifs.no (in Norwegian). Amedia. Retrieved 18 November 2013.
- "Østsiden Idrettslags historie". Østsiden I.L. (in Norwegian). Retrieved 2009-12-13.
- "Årsmelding 2007-2008 for Fredrikstad Idrettsråd" (DOC) (in Norwegian). p. 2. Retrieved 2009-12-14.[dead link]
- Bertelsen, Ingvald; Berglund, Tom Harald; Odden, Iver, eds. (2000). Oppslagsbok om norsk fotball (in Norwegian). Oslo: Wagner & Flust Forlag. pp. 12, 144. ISBN 82-92228-00-4.
- Aarhus, Lars. "Norwegian cup 1962". RSSSF. Retrieved 2009-12-14.
- Torgersen, Espen (19 October 2013). "Helsvart for Østsiden på Melløs". NRK (in Norwegian). Retrieved 18 November 2013.
|This article about a Norwegian football club is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|