9 March 1984 |
Gorzów Wielkopolski, Poland
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||77 kg (170 lb)|
Łukasz Drzewiński (born March 9, 1984 in Gorzów Wielkopolski) is a retired Polish swimmer, who specialized in freestyle and butterfly events. Drzewinski won a silver medal in the 200 m butterfly at the 2002 European Junior Swimming Championships in Linz, Austria with a time of 2:00.21, edging out Ukraine's Serhiy Advena by 0.04 of a second. He is a member of the swimming team for AZS Warszawa, and is coached and trained by Roberta Białeckiego.
Drzewinski qualified for the men's 400 m freestyle at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, by finishing second from the Olympic test event, in an A-standard time of 3:51.44. Drzewinski failed to qualify for the final, as he placed fourteenth out of 47 swimmers in the morning's preliminary heats, lowering his entry time to 3:50.97. In the 200 m freestyle, Drzewinski challenged seven other swimmers on the fifth heat, including three-time Olympian Jacob Carstensen of Denmark. He came only in sixth by 0.12 of a second behind Portugal's Luís Monteiro with a time of 1:51.90. Drzewinski failed to advance into the semifinals, as he placed thirtieth overall in the preliminaries.
- "Łukasz Drzewiński". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 27 March 2013.
- "Wealth Is Spread Around on Day Three of Euro Junior Champs". Swimming World Magazine. 13 July 2002. Retrieved 27 March 2013.
- "Pre-Olympic International". Swim News. 13 June 2004. Retrieved 24 March 2013.
- "Swimming – Men's 400m Freestyle Startlist (Heat 5)" (PDF). Athens 2004. Omega Timing. Retrieved 24 March 2013.
- "Men's 400m Freestyle Heat 4". Athens 2004. BBC Sport. 14 August 2004. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- Thomas, Stephen (14 August 2004). "Men’s 400 Freestyle Prelims: Hackett Edges Thorpe, Qualifies First for Final; Jensen and Keller Easily Through". Swimming World Magazine. Retrieved 27 March 2013.
- "Men's 200m Freestyle Heat 5". Athens 2004. BBC Sport. 15 August 2004. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- Thomas, Stephen (15 August 2004). "Men's 200 Freestyle Prelims: Thorpe Fastest in 1:47.22; Hoogie, Keller, Phelps and Hackett All in the Mix". Swimming World Magazine. Retrieved 27 March 2013.
- Profile – Polish Olympic Committee (Polish)
|This biographical article related to a Polish swimmer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|