Ōtomo no Otomaro (大伴 弟麻呂 or 大伴 乙麻呂, 731 – June 14, 809) was a Japanese general of the Nara period and of the early Heian period. He was the first to hold the title of seii taishōgun. Some believe he was born in 727. His father was Ōtomo no Koshibi.
- 731? - born of Ōtomo no Koshibi.
- 779 - granted the second grade of the fifth rank of honor.
- 780 - appointed the lieutenant (suke) of the Palace Guards.
- 783 - made the deputy general in the Hitachi expedition.
- 791 - granted the second grade of the fourth rank of honor.
- 794 - declared Seii Taishogun—“Barbarian-subduing Great General”, together with Sakanoue no Tamuramaro subdues the Emishi.
- 795 - granted the second grade of the third rank of honor and the Order of Merit, Second Class, for his military achievements.
- 809 – dies on July 14.