Ștefan cel Mare University of Suceava
|Ştefan cel Mare University of Suceava|
|Universitatea Ștefan cel Mare din Suceava|
The Ștefan cel Mare University of Suceava (Romanian: Universitatea "Ștefan cel Mare" din Suceava), also known as University of Suceava, is a public university in Suceava, Romania, founded in 1990. It was named in honor of the Moldavian Prince Stefan the Great.
Started in 1963, as the Institute of Pedagogy, the institution had three faculties: Letters, Mathematics and Physics, History and Geography.
After officially given the university title by the Romanian government on 7 March 1990, the university started to individualize throughout academic consolidation, didactic and scientific diversification, not least by getting better known national and international. The Stefan cel Mare university has been ranked the fourth on a recent top created by the KIENBAUM Management Consultants in cooperation with CAPITAL magazine. The ranking mirrors the current situation of the image universities haveamong employers, graduates and students in Romania. In September 2008 the university was awarded with an High Confidence Rating by the executive bureau of ARACIS (Romanian Agency for Quality Assurance in Higher Education).
- 1963 - 1975 : Higher educational phase - Institute of Pedagogy
- 1976 - 1984 : Joint Institute for Higher Education, Pedagogical and Technical
- 1984 - 1989 : Institute of Sub-Engineers (part of the Gheorghe Asachi Polytechnic Institute of Iași)
- 1985 - Power Engineering was introduced to train engineers (6 years of studies and evening courses only).
- 1986 - Evening courses in Automation and Computers were held for the first time (6 years of studies).
- After 1990 : "Ștefan cel Mare" University of Suceava
- 1990 - Day courses on a 5-year basis were first introduced for both specializations; - Automation and Electromechanics specializations were established, Engineer degree, day courses (5 years) and evening courses (6 years); - Electrotechnics Chair was established, which represented the forerunner of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering.
- 1991 - Faculty of Electrical Engineering was established; - Computers and Automation Chair was established; - The Engineer Diploma was awarded to the first generation of graduates in Power Engineering.
- Plan Strategic USV 2008 - 2012
- University Ranking 2009
- "USV, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science - Timeline History".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ștefan cel Mare University of Suceava.|