It begins at the end of August, and ends at the beginning of September. During these days Varazdin regularly hosts over a 100,000 tourists coming from all over Croatia and the surrounding countries. Varazdin's inner ring is turned into an all out entertainment zone. Concert stages, entertainment zones, shopping kiosks and eateries are erected and street performers, musicians, and all kinds of artists line the streets.
This Street Festival is made out of several little Festivals:
- Komedija fest (Comedy Fest)
- Hlapec fest (Children plays, for Children under 14 years of age)
- Moderato fest (for lovers of classical music, concerts)
- Jazz festival
- Ritam fest (concerts, a variety of musical expressions)
- Ulica fest (street artists, acrobats, jugglers, street musicians, puppet plays)
The Festival contains about 300 subprograms.
Over the last 14 years numerous many well known artist from Croatia, former Yugoslavia and all over the world have participated in the festival such as:
- "Bajaga i Instruktori zatvorili Špancirfest" [Bajaga i instruktori conclude Špancirfest] (in Croatian). Nacional. Archived from the original on 24 July 2012. Retrieved 31 May 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Špancirfest.|