From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The symbol * is called asterisk. The symbol may also refer to:
- "*", a song by M83 (band)
- "*", a song by Sadist from Lego (album)
- A symbol for not out in cricket
- A symbol identifying a genetic lineage as a paragroup of a specified haplogroup
- Star (game theory)
- In linguistics, a symbol that prefixes a word or phrase that, in historical linguistics, is a reconstructed form for which no actual examples have been found; and in linguistics of a modern language (see: synchronic linguistics), is judged ungrammatical.
- The symbol is used to refer a reader to a footnote or endnote.
- The logo for the alternative rock band the Red Hot Chili Peppers
- * (CONFIG.SYS directive), a CONFIG.SYS in-line comment statement in PTS-DOS
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.