All Together (2011 film)
French film poster
|Directed by||Stéphane Robelin|
|Produced by||Christophe Bruncher
|Written by||Stéphane Robelin|
|Edited by||Patrick Wilfert|
|Distributed by||Bac Films (France)
Kino Lorber (US)
|Running time||96 min|
All Together (French: Et si on vivait tous ensemble?, literally "What If We All Lived Together?"), is a 2011 French-German comedy film written and directed by Stéphane Robelin, and starring Jane Fonda and Geraldine Chaplin as participants of an alternate living experiment, that is observed by a graduate student played by Daniel Brühl. The film marks Fonda's first French-speaking role since starring in Jean-Luc Godard's film Tout Va Bien (1972).
Filming took place over two months in Paris in summer 2010. The film premiered on the closing night of the Locarno International Film Festival on 13 August 2011. It was released on DVD on March 19, 2013.
Jean (Bedos) is a romantic revolutionary, yet enjoys the spoils of a bourgeois lifestyle with his wife, Annie (Chaplin). Annie is a retired psychologist, who complains about not being able to see enough of her children and assorted grandchildren. Albert (Richard) is showing increasing signs of dementia; his energetic American wife Jeanne (Fonda) is a former university lecturer who is suffering from cancer.
Widower Claude (Rich) is an aging womanizer with an appetite for pursuits with prostitutes. Claude suffers a heart attack from walking up too many flights of stairs, on the way to visiting one of his lady friends. Rather than seeing him in a retirement home, his friends decide they should all live together in Annie and Jean's large home. They are joined by Dirk (Brühl), a young German ethnology student, researching France's aging population.
- Jane Fonda as Jeanne
- Daniel Brühl as Dirk
- Geraldine Chaplin as Annie
- Pierre Richard as Albert
- Claude Rich as Claude
- Guy Bedos as Jean
- Camino Texeira as Maria
- Jane Fonda in Stéphane Robelin’s ‘All Together’ Jane Fonda. 15 June 2010
- Young, Neil (13 August 2011). "'And If We All Lived Together?' ('Et si on vivait tous ensemble?'): Film Review". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 3 April 2012.
- "Jane Fonda in a French Twist". Daily Express (London). 24 May 2010.
- "Et si on vivait tous ensemble". The New York Times. Retrieved 18 February 2011.
- And If We All Lived Together Screen Daily. 14 August 2011
- Jane Fonda returns to French film Variety. 7 July 2010