|Introduced||Application to ICANN by Mayor Boris Johnson. Approved by ICANN in June 2013.|
|TLD type||Generic top-level domain|
|Intended use||London residents, institutions, and businesses|
On 29 April 2014, the domain name has gone on sale for the first time, Metro Bank and Fortnum and Mason have already secured the addresses, with some pages already live. London and Partners, which promotes the city, said that .london would carry a premium because of its exclusivity, It is expected to cost up to £50 annually for each domain name.
- .la – TLD for Laos, but marketed as the TLD for Los Angeles
- .berlin – The proposed TLD for Berlin
- .nyc – The proposed TLD for New York City
- "London gets go ahead for new ‘.london’ internet domain - London & Partners". Archived from the original on 2013-07-05. Retrieved 2013-07-03.
- ".london web domain name goes on sale for first time". BBC News. 29 April 2014.
http://blog.names.co.uk/2014/04/london-the-new-dot-on-the-map/ names.co.uk 30 April 2014