|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Registry||Nigerian Internet Registration Association|
|Sponsor||National Information Technology Development Agency|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Nigeria|
|Actual use||Popular in Nigeria and abroad|
|Registration restrictions||Open domains can be registered by anybody with intent to use; semi-closed and closed domains have specific industry-based restrictions. There are no other restrictions|
|Structure||Registrations are typically made at the third level beneath second-level names; NIRA may register premium domains at the second level|
|Dispute policies||NIRA Dispute Resolution Policy|
|Website||NIRA (Nigeria Internet Registration Association)|
On May 13, 2009, IANA (Internet Assigned Numbers Authority) completed the process of re-delegation of the .ng domain name from temporary authorities to the current Nigerian ones. For many years, Randy Bush has been the Technical contact of the .ng domain name. With the IANA re-delegation, the technical contact is now the local Nigerian DNS administrator, while the administrative contact is the president of Nigeria Internet Registration Association.
To speed up the process of registering .ng domain names, NIRA has accredited a first batch of 29 Domain registrars, most of whom are Nigerian companies. Registrars are categorized into Platinum, Gold, Silver and Standard categories.
Second level domains 
- com.ng – open domain, commercial entities and businesses
- org.ng – semi-open domain, non-commercial organizations
- gov.ng – closed domain, governmental organizations
- edu.ng – degree awarding institutions
- net.ng – ISP infrastructure
- sch.ng - Secondary Schools
- name.ng - open domain
- mobi.ng - open domain, suitable for mobile devices
- mil.ng - closed domain (Nigerian Military Establishments only)
In addition, NIRA themselves reserve the right to register 'premium' top level domains under .ng (for example, google.ng).
- "NIRA registrars listing". Archived from the original on 14 November 2010. Retrieved 29 November 2010.
- "NIRA Domain name policy". Retrieved 16 March 2011.
|This Internet domain name article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|