013 is a music venue in Tilburg, the Netherlands. The venue opened in 1998 and replaced the Noorderligt, the Bat Cave and the MuziekKantenWinkel. 013 is the largest popular music venue in the southern Netherlands.
There are three concert halls of which the Jupiler Zaal (formerly Dommelsch Zaal) is the largest, with a capacity of 2,200 attendees.
The name of the venue is based on the area code of Tilburg.
In August 2011, the director of 013, Guus van Hove, died of heat exposure in the Californian Joshua Tree National Park, together with his girlfriend. Van Hove had told friends he planned to visit the site of U2's The Joshua Tree album cover, which they falsely assumed to be near the location where they died.
- 013 is also the name of a former Finnish band.
- (Dutch) "Holland-België op podium van 013". Brabants Dagblad. May 8, 2009. Retrieved July 31, 2011.
- Josh Wolford (2011-08-26). "Dutch Tourist Guus Van Hove, Director of 013, Dead at Joshua Tree National Park". WebProNews. Retrieved 2011-08-26.
- (Dutch) Onze geliefde directeur overleden, 013 blog, 2011-08-24
- Simone Wilson (2011-08-26). "Guus Van Hove, Dutch Music Man Who Died in Joshua Tree, May Have Been Searching for Site of U2's Album Cover". LA Weekly. Retrieved 2011-08-26.
|This Netherlands-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|