|Single by U-KISS|
|from the album Bran New Kiss|
|Released||March 30, 2011|
|Format||Digital download, promotional single|
|Recorded||Seoul, South Korea|
|Genre||K-Pop, R&B, synthpop, hip hop|
|Length||3:30 (album/radio version)|
|Producer||NH Entertainment Media Group|
|U-KISS singles chronology|
"0330" is a song performed by South Korean boyband, U-KISS from the group's fifth mini album, Bran New Kiss. The song was released on digital format on March 30, 2011 following their album release on the same day.
In November 2010, the management announced that U-KISS has been recording new tracks for an upcoming album. But in March 2011, NH Media Entertainment terminated the contracts of former U-KISS members, Alexander and Kibum which resulted to distraction of Kissme fanclub and other KPOP fans. However, shortly after the announcement two new members were added to the group namely Kim Jaeseop (AJ) who is a former member of Korean boy band, Paran along with Hoon Min who was a solo singer. In March 30, 2011 (03-30), the group released their fifth mini album, Bran New Kiss with the title track 0330. This is the first single that features the two new members of the band.
Some lines of the song were composed by the new member, AJ who is fluent in English and has a huge background in song writing.
The full single was released via digital download on South Korean MP3 download sites on March 30 of the same year. However, two teasers were released 3 days prior to the group's comeback. The song was first performed on MNet's M-Countdown on March 31, and in other shows such as Music Core and Music Bank. On the first day of release, Bran New Kiss topped Hanteo Charts and almost all other charts in Korea. 0330 also topped online votes against CN Blue but failed to win over them. On April 15, 2011, U-KISS performed 0330 on KBS’s “Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook".
Music critiques and fans are quite confused with the title of the song, or how it was related to the story. However, the release of the music video on March 30, 2011 gave way to unlock the meaning behind the track. Some lines of the track which contributed by AJ were all confusing and many other fans tried to unlock. A particularly famous line from the track is, Don't deny our r²π. r²π is a mathematical formula to calculate the area of a circle. According to AJ in a later interview, "r squared pi is the circle that we're inside together...the place where we are, like the memories that we made...so don't deny our r squared pi is like 'don't deny our circle'...our hidden circle we made together". 
However, some interpretations are as follows, a formula of pi represents the number 3.14, that if the decimal point is removed, it will be the scrambled number for 143, which means I love you. Other explanations take on 0330, that the "0" which is a circle represents eternal love. The number "3" represents wholeness, holiness (like the Holy Trinity), and in the Pythagorean, "3" means completion. To conclude, 0330 means eternal, whole and complete love.
According to the boys on Twitter, 0330 implies that the song is best when listened to at 3:30am. It also stands for 30 March which is the date of release of the album and their comeback. Another way to interpret the title, 0330 goes that when you flip the first 3, it would result to "080". The number "8" symbolizes new beginnings. A new beginning for the group since they recently changed two members. "0" symbolizes eternity like r²π. The lyrics don’t mention 0330 at all, so the fans think that the lyric "r²π" may be the only link between song and title. To date, there has been no confirmation from any members of U-KISS, the real meaning behind the lyrics.
On March 27, 2011, a special teasers were revealed for the comeback of U-KISS while a music video for 0330 was released on March 30, 2011. The song is actually about the main character pretending that his girlfriend is still alive when she died at "0330", military time for 3:30am. Shin Dongho served as the main actor for the music video. It starts with a piano in the middle of the forest with a clock switching to 03:30. Romantic scenes follow as the song goes on. But in the middle of the video, a short flash back has been showed that Dongho is just pretending that he is with the girl, but in fact, he's not. He doesn't want to accept that the lady was dead so he goes along with life doing everything he did with her pretending she is still with him. His friends are helping him along the way knowing that it is hard for him, but they don't want to see their friend suffer. They are trying to teach Dongho to move on and begin with a new life. He then accepted the fact that she is gone and faced the reality. On the bridge of the song, U-KISS is standing on the roof top of a building in autumn's air. The video ended with a dream, Dongho teaching the girl in white how to play the piano.
An alternate drama version of the music video was later released on April 3, 2011 which focuses more on the drama part of the story. However, there are no major differences noted between the two videos.
On the first day of release, the group's fifth mini-album, Bran New Kiss topped Hanteo Charts which makes the group a sudden overnight sensation. 0330, being the lead single entered the leading ten broadcasting charts in South Korea in span of two weeks. The single even peak at number 1 in M-Net Online Voting, winning against CN Blue and Kim Hyun Joong. However, the single dropped at some time to number 2, losing against other artists.
On April 3, 2011, 0330 finally made it into the top spot via Ningin Music Charts beating Super Junior's Perfection. On April 17 to April 24, 2011, 0330 topped again the Ningin Music Charts beating Big Bang's Love Song and Girls' Generation's Mr. Taxi.
|Gaon Weekly singles chart||27|
|Gaon Monthly singles chart||28|
- "U-KISS – 5th Mini Album, Brand New KISS Teaser release (YouTube)". Korean Gossip Girl. 2011-03-26. Retrieved 2011-08-16.
- "U-KISS 0330 Teaser Released! « U-KISS". En.korea.com. Retrieved 2011-08-16.
- "U-KISS release new teaser and Kevin reveals the song’s meaning". hellokpop. 2011-03-29. Retrieved 2011-08-16.
- Are girl groups buying back their albums? Livekpop.com
- "110406 U-kiss Hits Off to #1 in the Hanteo Chart". Ukissusa.webs.com. 2011-04-06. Retrieved 2011-08-16.
- "U-KISS performs on "Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook"". Allkpop.com. 2011-04-16. Retrieved 2011-08-16.
- "U-KISS wraps up their “0330″ promotions « Koreanaddicts". Soeulmateskoreanaddicts.wordpress.com. Retrieved 2011-08-16.
- JpopAsia.Com http://www.jpopasia.com/news/u-kiss-performs-0330-japanese-version-in-a-japanese-show::8382.html Retrieved August 5, 2011.
- U-KISS "Bran New Kiss" Press Conference, KL Malaysia - Part 3
- "143 means I love you - Romance Love Tips". Romanceclass.com. Archived from the original on 21 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-08-16.
- "Symbols and their meaning". Crossroad.to. 2011-04-01. Archived from the original on 24 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-08-16.
- "Number 8 Symbolism, 8 Meaning and Numerology". Ridingthebeast.com. Retrieved 2011-08-16.
- "U-KISS releases MV teaser for "0330″". Allkpop.com. 2011-03-29. Retrieved 2011-08-16.
- "U-KISS's 0330 True MV meaning ='( ~ Hivihazan's Blog". Hivihazan.blogspot.com. 2011-05-11. Retrieved 2011-08-16.
- "Drama Version of 0330 has been released". Dkpopnews.net. 2011-04-02. Retrieved 2011-08-16.
- U-Kiss is Heading for the Top! Livekpop.com
- "스포츠조선". Sports.chosun.com. 2011-04-16. Retrieved 2011-08-16.
- "Ningin Music Charts: Top 10 Songs of the Week | Ningin". Blog.ningin.com. Retrieved 2011-08-16.
- "Ningin Music Charts: Top 10 Songs of the Week (4/17 - 4/23) | Ningin". Blog.ningin.com. Retrieved 2011-08-16.
- (Korean) "Gaon Search - U-KISS". Gaon. Retrieved August 21, 2011.