03:34: Earthquake in Chile
|03:34: Earthquake in Chile|
|Directed by||Juan Pablo Ternicier|
|Written by||Mateo Iribarren|
|Budget||US$ 1.4 million|
03:34: Earthquake in Chile (Spanish: 03:34: Terremoto en Chile) is a Chilean film directed by Juan Pablo Ternicier, and written by Mateo Iribarren, which will narrate three different stories, based on the 8.8 moment magnitude scale earthquake, and subsequent tsunami that hit Chile in 2010.
The movie will be premiered in the town of Dichato, in the Biobío Region, on February 27, 2011, exactly a year after the catastrophe, and will be released to the rest of Chile on March 3. The first teaser of 03:34 appeared in the Internet on January 17, 2011.
The movie began to be filmed in November 2010, in the same places that the catastrophe occurred, with the support of the National Council of Culture and the Arts, and Carabineros de Chile, who helped with the recording in the affected zones. The movie had a budget of 1.4 million US dollars, and all money grossed by the movie will be given for the construction of schools in the most affected coastal zones.
The movie shows three stories of people that was affected by the disaster.
The first of them, shows a woman (Andrea Freund) that goes from Pichilemu, O'Higgins Region, to the devastated town of Dichato, Biobío Region, as her sons were there spending their vacations there with Manuel (Marcelo Alonso), their father.
The second story shows the experience of a convict (Fernando Gómez-Revira), who escapes from the Chillán Prison to Concepción, as his daughter was in the Alto Río building, which collapsed during the earthquake.
The third story is developed in Dichato, where a group of young people (Loreto Aravena, Eduardo Paxeco, and Andrés Reyes), while enjoying their last day of vacations in a party, experience the strong movement and tsunami that annihilates the place.
- Andrea Freund
- Marcelo Alonso
- Loreto Aravena
- Fernando Gómez-Revira
- Eduardo Paxeco
- Andrés Reyes
- Gabriela Medina
- Berta Lasala
- Remigio Remedy
- María Paz Jorquera
- Hugo Medina
- Jorge Ali
- Jose Luis Bouchon
- Nathalia Aragonese
- Claudio Castellón
- Ernesto Anacona
- Julio Fuentes
- "Película del terremoto adelantó cuáticas imágenes" [Striking advance images from earthquake film]. La Cuarta (in Spanish) (Copesa). 17 January 2011. Archived from the original on 2 March 2013. Retrieved 18 January 2011.
- Smith, Ian Hayden (2012). International Film Guide 2012. p. 86. ISBN 978-1908215017.
- "Trailer de cinta chilena sobre el terremoto ya está en internet" [Trailer of Chilean earthquake film is now on the internet] (in Spanish). Radio Cooperativa. 17 January 2011. Archived from the original on 2 March 2013. Retrieved 18 January 2011.
- "Cómo toma forma la primera película chilena sobre el terremoto de febrero" [Making of the first Chilean movie about the February earthquake] (in Spanish). Terra Chile. 30 December 2010. Archived from the original on 2 March 2013. Retrieved 18 January 2011.
- "Difunden tráiler de la película que revivirá el terremoto de Chile" [Broadcast trailer for the film will revive the Chile earthquake]. Clarín (in Spanish). 19 January 2011. Archived from the original on 2 March 2013. Retrieved 20 January 2011.
- "Lanzan trailer de la película 03:34 Terremoto en Chile" [Launch trailer for the 03:34 Earthquake movie in Chile]. Peru.com (in Spanish). 17 January 2011. Archived from the original on 21 January 2011. Retrieved 18 January 2011.
- "Cinta 03:34 ingresa al catálogo de Biblioteca del Congreso de EE.UU." [Film 03:34 enters the Library of Congress catalog] (in Spanish). La Tercera. 25 January 2012. Archived from the original on 2 March 2013. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- "'03:34': Peli chilena contará el terremoto en tres historias" ['03.34': Chilean movie will portray the earthquake in three stories]. La Cuarta (in Spanish) (Copesa). 30 December 2010. Archived from the original on 2 March 2013. Retrieved 18 January 2011.
- Palma, Milko (31 December 2010). "'03:34' La pelicula de terremoto revivirá los momentos claves de la tragedia ocurrida en nuestro país el 27 de febrero" ['3:34' Earthquake film will revive key moments of our nation's tragedy on February 27]. Noticias-Ya (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 2 March 2013. Retrieved 22 January 2011.
- Official website (Spanish)