||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (June 2013)|
|Initial release||June 2012|
Based in Seattle, USA, 10,000ft is a web-based resource planning and project management application. The platform-independent tool is a collaborative software that focuses on the top level information for the key aspects of the organization—what projects are being developed, how they are progressing, how are people allocated, what are the main deliverables, and what is the size of the remaining budget.
10,000ft was developed as an internal tool by Artefact, a design consultancy based in Seattle, WA and launched publicly as a software as service in June 18, 2012. 10,000ft continues to work with Artefact. In the company's first year they acquired customers in 27 countries with over 30,000 projects and more than one million hours tracked in the system.
- Visual Resource Planning and Forecasting
- Big Picture Project Planning
- Tasks and Notes
- Time and Expense Tracking
- Analytics and Reports
- 10,000ft has been named one of the winners in the Optimizing category for the 2013 Interaction Awards, issued by the Interaction Design Association IxDA. 
- 10,000ft won a Bronze International Design Excellence Award (IDEA) in the Digital Design category in July 2013, issued by the Industrial Designers society of America IDSA.
- 10,000ft won a Silver Spark Award in the App category in November 2013, issued by the Spark Awards . 
- Kelly, Will (Jan 9 2014) Get a good view of your projects with 10,000ft, TechRepublic.
- Stückler, Moritz (Aug 20 2013) 10,000ft: Visuelles Projektmanagement in schick (German), t3n.
- Wellington, Robby (Jul 17 2013) Startup Spotlight: Fueled by profits, 10,000ft looks to take project planning to new heights, Geekwire.
- Carr, David F (Aug 2 2012) Social Project Management Gets Big Picture View, InformationWeek.
- Smallman, Luke (Jul 5 2012) 10,000ft: Project Management for the Creative Worker, App Storm.
- Liles, Keith (Jun 25 2012) 10000ft Hopes To Reach A New Altitude For Online Project Management, Killer Startups.
- Wilson, Mark (Jun 19 2012) A Project Management Tool Built For Some Of The Country's Best Design Firms, FastCompany.
- Bishop, Todd (Jun 18 2012) Artefact spinoff launches first product: 10,000ft helps manage projects, people, Geekwire.
- Wilson, Mark. "A Project Management Built for Some of the Countries Best Design Firms". www.fastcodesign.com. Retrieved 19 June 2012.
- "10,000ft - Artefact". IxDA Interaction Awards. 2012. Retrieved May 24, 2013.
- "IDSA". International Designers Society of America. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "SXSW Interactive Finalists". SXSW. Retrieved 12 March 2013.
- "Spark Awards". Spark Awards. Retrieved 15 November 2013.