- For the song of the same name by Big Country, see The Crossing (Big Country album).
|Studio album by Natalie Bassingthwaighte|
|Released||20 February 2009|
|Genre||Pop, dance-pop, pop rock, electropop|
|Singles from 1000 Stars|
1000 Stars is the solo debut album by Australian singer and former Rogue Traders lead singer Natalie Bassingthwaighte. It was released as a digital download on 20 February 2009, followed by a physical release on 21 February 2009. The album debuted at #1 on the ARIA albums charts and certified gold.
In 2006, Bassingthwaighte signed a record deal with Sony BMG to record a solo album. In mid-2008, she travelled to London, Norway and the US to write and record the album with Chris Braide, Brian Rawling, Mark Taylor & Paul Barry, Jimmy Harry. The album's title was first announced in November 2008.
Bassingthwaighte lists the tracks "1000 Stars" (written & produced by Chris Braide) and "In His Eyes", which is about her grandfather, as her favourite tracks she's written for the album in GQ Magazine (Issue Oct/Nov 2008).
1000 Stars was released a day earlier than speculated, on 20 February, in less than 24 hours, the album had reached the number 2 spot on iTunes Australia. To date the album has reached number 1 on the ARIA Top 50 Albums Chart.
- "Catch Me if You Can" – 3:34 (Natalie Bassingthwaighte, Paul Barry, Alex Smith)
- "Someday Soon" – 4:12 (Bassingthwaighte, Barry, Smith)
- "1000 Stars" – 4:00 (Chris Braide, Hattie Webb, Charlie Webb)
- "Alive" – 3:32 (Bassingthwaighte, Andrew Frampton, Arnthor Birgisson)
- "Not for You" – 3:28 (Braide, Ina Wroldsen)
- "Feel the Flow" – 3:28 (Bassingthwaighte, Cameron McGlinchey)
- "Could You Be Loved" – 4:23 (Caroline Lofts, Jez Ashurst)
- "Supersensual" – 3:44 (Steve Lee, Debbie Harry, Lisa Greene, Chris Stein, Steve Anderson)
- "Why Do I" – 3:52 (Bassingthwaighte, Stuart Critchton, Tommy Lee James)
- "Turn the Lights On" – 4:17 (Braide, Wroldsen)
- "This Can't Be Love" – 4:02 (Bassingthwaighte, Jimmy Harry)
- "Superhuman" – 4:24 (Karen Poole, George Nakas, Klas Wahl)
- "Love Like This" – 3:55 (Barry, Smith, Mark Taylor)
- "In His Eyes" – 3:47 (Bassingthwaighte, Jay Levine)
- "Star" (iTunes bonus track) – 3:32 (Emily Friendship, Eg White)
The track listing was confirmed on Sony B2B Australia. A track called "Gone" does not make an appearance despite being confirmed prior to the track listing's release.
- "Alive" was very highly anticipated upon its release, and was quickly snatched up by radio stations. It was the #4 most heard song in Australia at one stage, and eventually peaked at #8 on The ARIA Singles chart, after continuous rising and falling. It was recently certified PLATINUM for sales of 70,000+ in Australia.
- "Someday Soon" was first performed by Natalie at the New Year's Eve party in Sydney, and continued to get heavier airplay each week, and on the Australian Airplay Chart has peaked at #8. It made its debut on the ARIA Singles chart at #9, and in its 2nd week peaked at #7. It was recently certified PLATINUM for sales of 70,000+ in Australia.
- "1000 Stars" was confirmed on SonyMusic B2B and was released on 2 May 2009. It debuted at #30, higher than "Alive" but far lower than "Someday Soon" and by its fourth week, had disappointingly dropped to #43.
- "Not for You" was released as the fourth single on 24 July 2009. It was released along with a new tougher and dirtier look for Bassingthwaighte, to try to bring it to the top 10, as the record company did not want to repeat a flop. Despite full physical release, it failed to reach top 100 in Australia.
- "Love Like This" is the fifth and final single from the album, and has been released to raise awareness of the AIDS Council Of New South Wales' current 'Wear It With Pride' T-shirt campaign leading up to 2010's Mardi Gras parade. Love Like This was released by digital download on 29 January 2010. Unlike the fourth single, "Love Like This" has managed to chart on the Australia Top 100.
In less than 24 hours of the album's release, it had reached the number 2 spot on iTunes Australia. The album debuted at #1 on the Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA) Album Charts, Physical Album Charts and Australian Album Charts. It sold 15,949 copies in its first two weeks, and has so far been certified Gold by ARIA.
1000 Stars (album), made a comeback on the charts due to the release of its third single. It fell from the top 50 after 14 weeks.
|2009||Australian ARIA Singles Chart||#1||Gold||35,000+|
End of Year Charts
|2009||Australian ARIA End of year Chart||#57|
Chart procession and succession
It's Not Me, It's You by Lily Allen
|Australian ARIA Albums Chart number-one album
2 March 2009
No Line on the Horizon by U2
- 1000 Stars (Bonus Track Version) by Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Download 1000 Stars (Bonus Track Version) on iTunes
- Buy 1000 Stars Natalie Bassingthwaighte, Rock & Pop, CD | Sanity
- Sexy Solo Uncovered[dead link]
- Greenberg, Adam. "Review: 1000 Stars". Allmusic. Retrieved 20 December 2009.
- ARIA Top 50 Singles Chart- Alive. Australian Record Industry Association(ARIA). Retrieved on 15 March 2009. Archived 26 April 2009.
- Australian Music Report Weekly Hot 100 Archived 22 July 2009 at WebCite
- ARIA Top 50 Singles Chart- Someday Soon. Australian Record Industry Association(ARIA). Retrieved on 15 March 2009. Archived 26 April 2009.
- auspOp : pure. pOp. love.: NATALIE BASSINGTHWAIGHTE : Love Like This
- auspOp : pure. pOp. love.: CHART WATCH
- "auspOp: CHART WATCH". Archived from the original on 26 April 2009. Retrieved 14 April 2009.
- ARIA Top 100 Albums 2008