1017 Brick Squad Records
|1017 Brick Squad Records|
|Parent company||Warner Music Group|
|Country of origin||United States|
1017 Brick Squad Records, also known as 1017 Records, is a record label founded by Gucci Mane after his departure from Mizay Entertainment and the closing of So Icey Entertainment. The label is also home to artists such as Waka Flocka Flame, Chief Keef, Young Scooter, and Young Thug among others. The label has released studio albums by Gucci Mane and Waka Flocka Flame, including their collaboration album Ferrari Boyz. Upcoming releases include Young Scooter's debut album and Young Thug's debut album. 1017 Brick Squad acts as a subsidiary and is distributed by Asylum Records and Atlantic Records.
1017 Brick Squad Records also has a subsidiary that was started by Waka Flocka Flame named Brick Squad Monopoly (BSM). BSM is home to artists such as Waka, Frenchie, Wooh Da Kid, 808 Mafia, Cartel MGM, Huey, Reema Major and Joe Moses among others.
Gucci Mane opened the record label after signing with Mizay Entertainment in 2007, following the release of his independent album Trap-A-Thon. On May 4, 2010, Mane announced he had closed So Icey Entertainment and left Mizay Entertainment due to business problems with Debra Antney.
Gucci Mane stated that he was starting his own record label and that his employer, Jerry Alvarado, was already signing a distribution deal with Asylum Records. The first artists to sign up to 1017 Brick Squad were OJ Da Juiceman and Waka Flocka Flame, who signed up whilst they were still signed to Mizay Entertainment.
Juiceman debut album was unofficially released through the Brick Squad record label (officially it was released through Asylum Records and Mizay Entertainment). Brick Squad's first mainstream success occurred in 2009, when Gucci released The State vs. Radric Davis. Brick Squad also signed Waka Flocka Flame who released his debut album Flockaveli through Brick Squad, Mizay Entertainment and Warner Bros. On September 28, 2010, Mane released his third studio album, The Appeal: Georgia's Most Wanted.
On December 16, 2011, member Slim Dunkin was shot and killed at an Atlanta recording studio preparing to shoot a music video. He was shot while arguing with another person in the building, who has been identified as another Atlanta rapper, Young Vito. On February 25, 2013, Atlanta rapper Young Vito, was acquitted of murdering Slim Dunkin. However, he was given 25 years for aggravated assault and possession of a firearm.
On March 15, 2013, via Twitter Gucci Mane said that he "dropped" Waka Flocka Flame and he was no longer a member of 1017 Brick Squad. The next day Gucci's management claimed his Twitter account was hacked and he had not sent the tweet about Waka Flocka. However Waka would claim this to be false and later diss Gucci Mane at a Dipset reunion concert in New York City. On March 27, 2013 Waka would tell MTV that it would be impossible for him to be dropped from 1017 Brick Squad as he owns stake in the company. He would also confirm that there was indeed a feud going on between the rappers and "they would never make music or do business together again." On May 8, 2013, Gucci Mane announced via Twitter that Chicago rapper Chief Keef was the newest member of 1017 Brick Squad. The following day, Gucci announced that he also signed producer C4, who has frequently worked with 1017 artists in the past.
On June 5, 2013 Gucci Mane announced that 1017 Brick Squad would release their first group compilation album titled, Big Money Talk during 2013. He said it would feature Brick Squad artists Chief Keef, Young Scooter, Waka Flocka Flame, PeeWee Longway, Young Thug and OJ da Juiceman among others. On June 7, 2013 Gucci Mane announced that 1017 Brick Squad Records has signed a new distribution deal with Atlantic Records to release albums by 1017 Brick Squad artists.
On September 7, 2013, various members of 1017 Brick Squad and Brick Squad Mafia traded shots back and forth on Twitter, including Gucci Mane, Waka Flocka, Frenchie, Wooh Da Kid, and OJ da Juiceman. Gucci would go on to say "fuck brick squad" and accuse his former manager, Waka Flocka's mom Debra Antney of stealing money from OJ da Juiceman and French Montana. Frenchie also accused Gucci Mane of paying for Young Vito's lawyer, the accused murderer of former 1017 Brick Squad artist Slim Dunkin, which Gucci denied. Frenchie would release a diss record towards Gucci the following day. During the following days it was revealed OJ da Juiceman, Young Dolph, Frenchie and Wooh da Kid were no longer or in some cases had never been officially signed to 1017 Brick Squad Records. It was also revealed that the record label had lost their distribution deal with Atlantic Records, and it might be disbanded. On September 9, 2013, he also advertised on Twitter he was willing to sell what he considers his main artists; Waka Flocka Flame, Young Scooter, and Young Thug's recording contracts.
- Gucci Mane (President/CEO/Founder)
- Waka Flocka Flame
- Chief Keef
- Young Scooter
- Young Thug
- OG Boo Dirty
- Peewee Longway
- Rulet 1017
Brick Squad Monopoly
|Brick Squad Monopoly|
|Parent company||1017 Brick Squad Records|
|Founder||Waka Flocka Flame|
|Genre||Hip hop, southern hip hop, trap|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Location||Atlanta, Georgia, California|
Brick Squad Monopoly, also known as "BSM", is a subsidiary label of 1017 Brick Squad Records. It was founded by Waka Flocka in 2011. On June 9, 2013 Waka Flocka announced that BSM would be releasing a compilation album. On December 29, 2013, Waka Flocka's little brother and Brick Squad Monopoly artist KayO Redd died from an apparent suicide in Atlanta. Waka Flocka Flame announced that he is soon to be releasing Salute Me or Shoot Me Vol. 5
- Waka Flocka Flame
- Wooh Da Kid
- 808 Mafia
- Dirt Gang (Dae Dae Deniro, D-Bo, Cam, J Mike, Dame Luchiano, Diego, Chaz Gotti, Kenny & Nuke)
- Fetti Gang
- Money Mouse
- Cartel MGM
- Cartier Kitten
- Young Joey
- Haitian Fresh
- Suga Shane
- Ben G
- Jeremy Greene
- S. Money
- Kayo Redd
- YG Hootie
- Joe Moses
- Ice Burgandy
- Reema Major
- Chaz Gotti
- Joey Fatts
- Rayven Justice
|Year||Artist||Album||Peak chart positions|
|U.S.||U.S. R&B||U.S. Rap|
|2009||Gucci Mane||The State vs. Radric Davis||10||4||1|
|2010||Gucci Mane||The Appeal: Georgia's Most Wanted
|Waka Flocka Flame||Flockaveli||6||2||2|
Waka Flocka Flame
|2012||Waka Flocka Flame||Triple F Life: Fans, Friends & Family
|2013||Gucci Mane||Trap House III
- Flockaveli 2 by Waka Flocka Flame (2015)
- Bang 3 by Chief Keef (2015)
- Jugghouse by Young Scooter (2015)
- Turn Up God by Waka Flocka Flame (TBA)
- King Shep by Shep BSM (2015)
- Jacobs, Allen (May 5, 2010). "Gucci Mane Leaves So Icey Entertainment For Brick Squad 1017". Hip Hop DX. Retrieved October 24, 2011.
- Emerging Waka Flocka Affiliate Slim Dunkin Dead | AllHipHop.com
- [dead link]
- Slim Dunkin murder: Police identify a suspect | theGrio
- Rap Radar :: Young Vito Acquitted Of Slim Dunkin Murder
- Gucci Mane Drops Waka Flocka Flame From 1017 Brick Squad | Get The Latest Hip Hop News, Rap News & Hip Hop Album Sales | HipHop DX
- "Gucci Mane’s Management Claims His Twitter Account Was Hacked". XXL. Retrieved 2013-03-16.
- Waka Flocka Flame Confirms Gucci Mane Beef, Vows To Never Do Business Again | Get The Latest Hip Hop News, Rap News & Hip Hop Album Sales | HipHop DX
- "Chief Keef Joins Gucci Mane's 1017 Bricksquad - XXL". Xxlmag.com. 2013-05-08. Retrieved 2013-08-25.
- "Producer C4 officially signed to 1017 Bricksquad". Gucci Mane via Twitter. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- "Gucci Mane Announces Title Of Brick Squad Compilation Album - XXL". Xxlmag.com. 2013-06-05. Retrieved 2013-08-25.
- 00:00. "Gucci Mane Speaks On Who Owns Brick Squad, Waka Flocka & Compilation Album". Hotnewhiphop.com. Retrieved 2013-08-25.
- "Twitter / gucci1017: Chief Keef newest member of". Twitter.com. Retrieved 2013-08-25.
- Young Scooter Releases “Street Lottery” Mixtape | AllHipHop.com
- Listen: Young Thug f/ Gucci Mane "Break Dancin" | Complex
- Gucci Mane & PeeWee Longway ft. Waka Flocka Flame "Breakfast" - XXL
- 10 Toes Down – Standin' On Em' 10 Toes Down – Rulet 1017
- Paine, Jake (2013-06-10). "Waka Flocka Flame Says He Has "Nothin' To Do" With The Brick Squad Album | Get The Latest Hip Hop News, Rap News & Hip Hop Album Sales". HipHop DX. Archived from the original on 2014-12-26. Retrieved 2013-08-25.
- Bricksquad Monopoly Artists Wooh da Kid & KayO Redd Celebrate 10/17 With Double Release - Breaking news in Mizay Entertainment,Brick Squad Monopoly,Mizay Management,Wooh Da Ki...
- Welcome to Man Down Entertainment: Sony
- "Waka Flocka Talks Gucci Mane Twitter Beef & Arrest". Vlad TV via YouTube. Retrieved 2013-05-09.
- EXCLUSIVE: Waka Flocka Explains Brick Squad Monopoly Tribute Mixtape for Slim Dunkin Called “Block Illegal 2″ | Real Talk Urban Magazine
- "The Break Presents: Jeremy Greene". Archived from the original on 2013-06-27. Retrieved 2013-06-22.
- The Source - Waka Flocka's Newest Artist, S.Money releases "K.I.N.G." Mixtape (Hosted by DJ Scream)
- Waka Flocka Flame Builds Up His Brick Squad Monopoly « The FADER
- Bricksquad Affiliate, RoseMo700, Murdered In Los Angeles | BallerStatus.com
- REEMA MAJOR SIGNS WITH WAKA FLOCKA'S BSM LABEL
- "Gucci Mane Album & Song Chart History: Billboard 200". Billboard.com. Nielsen Business Media. Retrieved October 7, 2010.
- "Gucci Mane Album & Song Chart History: R&B/Hip-Hop Albums". Billboard.com. Nielsen Business Media. Retrieved October 7, 2010.
- "Gucci Mane Album & Song Chart History: Rap Albums". Billboard.com. Nielsen Business Media. Retrieved October 7, 2010.