From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||990s 1000s 1010s – 1020s – 1030s 1040s 1050s|
|Years:||1017 1018 1019 – 1020 – 1021 1022 1023|
|1020 by topic|
|Lists of leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1773|
|Bahá'í calendar||-824 – -823|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||己未年 (Earth Goat)
3716 or 3656
— to —
庚申年 (Metal Monkey)
3717 or 3657
|- Vikram Samvat||1076–1077|
|- Shaka Samvat||942–943|
|- Kali Yuga||4121–4122|
|Japanese calendar||Kannin 4
|Minguo calendar||892 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1563|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1020.|
- Goryeo and the Liao Dynasty exchange embassies following a seven-year territorial dispute.
- The massive Kandariya Mahadeva Hindu Temple is completed in the Chandela capital of Khajuraho.
- The city of Saint-Germain-en-Laye is founded.
- Henry II of Germany conducts his third Italian military campaign .
- Canute the Great codifies the laws of England.
- Zhang Zai, Song Dynasty Chinese Neo-Confucian philosopher and cosmologist (d. 1077)
- Su Song, famous Song Dynasty Chinese scientist and engineer (d. 1101)
- June 12 – Lyfing, Archbishop of Canterbury
- Ferdowsi Tousi, Persian epic poet (b. 935)
- Leif Ericson, Icelandic explorer
- Fan Kuan, Chinese landscape painter