104.1 Territory FM
|City of license||Darwin|
|Broadcast area||Northern Territory, Australia|
|Slogan||Darwin's Greatest Hits|
|Frequency||104.1 MHz FM Darwin|
|Repeaters||96.9 Lake Bennett
98.7 Alice Springs
99.7 Adelaide River
|First air date||5 June 1981|
|Format||Adult contemporary music, Talk|
|Owner||Charles Darwin University|
104.1 Territory FM is a community radio station based in Darwin, Australia. Territory FM broadcasts a broad range of adult contemporary music from the Casuarina campus of Charles Darwin University. News is provided by the BBC between 5:30 am and 6 am and then every hour until 6 pm by Australian Independent Radio (AIR) News.
The station is broadcast on 104.1 Darwin and Palmerston and 98.7 Alice Springs and can also be heard across the Northern Territory in Batchelor, Katherine/Tindal, Tennant Creek, Nhulunbuy and Adelaide River.
A 2008 survey commissioned by Roy Morgan research showed that 23% of Darwin and Palmerston residents listen to Territory FM. Territory FM is the most listened to station in Darwin between noon and 6 pm with 27% of Territory FM listeners aged between 35 and 54 years of age.
On 19 August 2008 the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) released a radio investigation report on Territory FM (8TOP) after receiving complaints. ACMA found that 8TOP had failed to adequately encourage the community to participate in the station's operations and had also broadcast advertisements (untagged sponsorship announcements) in August and September 2007. However ACMA was "satisfied that its non-compliance arose from a misunderstanding." According to the report, two of the three complaints received alleged that 8TOP was "failing to represent its community interest in line with its licence conditions." However, the investigation found that the requirements were being satisfied. The station agreed "not to repeat the breaches," and ACMA renewed the station's licence for five years.
- Report of Territory FM 104.1 (PDF). 2008. Roy Morgan Research. pp. 4–8. Archived from the original on 19 July 2008. Retrieved 23 May 2008.
- "About Territory 104.1 FM". Territory 104.1 FM. Archived from the original on 27 April 2008. Retrieved 25 May 2008.
- "Territory FM's Program". Territory 104.1 FM. Archived from the original on 27 June 2008. Retrieved 25 May 2008.
- Report of Territory FM 104.1 (PDF). 2008. Roy Morgan Research. p. 20. Archived from the original on 19 July 2008. Retrieved 25 May 2008.
- "Radio station guilty". Northern Territory News. 20 August 2008. p. 6.
- ACMA finds Darwin community radio service 8TOP breached licence conditions. Australian Communications and Media Authority. Archived from the original on 9 September 2008. Retrieved 21 August 2008.