From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 1049. For the number, see 1049 (number).
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||1010s 1020s 1030s – 1040s – 1050s 1060s 1070s|
|Years:||1046 1047 1048 – 1049 – 1050 1051 1052|
|1049 by topic|
|Lists of leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1802|
|Bahá'í calendar||−795 – −794|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||戊子年 (Earth Rat)
3745 or 3685
— to —
己丑年 (Earth Ox)
3746 or 3686
|- Vikram Samvat||1105–1106|
|- Shaka Samvat||971–972|
|- Kali Yuga||4150–4151|
|Japanese calendar||Eishō 4
|Minguo calendar||863 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1592|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1049.|
- Beginning of the Banu Hilal invasions in the Maghrib. They are organized by the Egyptian Fatimid dynasty to punish their former Zirid vassals.
- A truce is declared between the Byzantine Empire and the Seljuk Turks.
- Construction of the large Iron Pagoda in Kaifeng, China, is completed in this year during the Song Dynasty.
- The Pisans successfully complete the conquest of Sardegna upon the Andalusian occupiers.
- Viking Irish raiders ally with Gruffydd ap Rhydderch of Gwent in raiding along the River Usk. Ealdred, Bishop of Worcester, is unsuccessful in driving them off.