104th Street (IND Fulton Street Line)
|Address||104th Street & Liberty Avenue
Ozone Park, NY 11417
|Division||B (IND, formerly BMT)|
|Line||IND Fulton Street Line|
|Services||A (all times)|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Tracks||3 (2 in regular service)|
|Opened||September 25, 1915|
|Closed||May 12, 2014(station rehabilitation, Queens-bound platform)|
|Former/other names||Oxford Avenue
104th Street – Oxford Avenue
|Passengers (2013)||516,000 1.6%|
|Rank||401 out of 421|
|Next north||Rockaway Boulevard: A|
|Next south||111th Street: A|
104th Street is a station on the IND Fulton Street Line of the New York City Subway, located on Liberty Avenue at 104th Street in Ozone Park, Queens. The station is served by the A train at all times.
The station has three tracks and two side platforms. The middle track is not currently used in revenue service. The exit at the northeast end of the station (railroad south) leads to 104th Street. At the opposite end of the station, there was formerly an exit to 102nd Street, which is now sealed. Northwest of the station, there is a view of the abandoned LIRR's Rockaway Beach Branch tracks from the IND Rockaway Line.
This is one of six stations along Liberty Avenue in Queens that were originally constructed as part of the BMT's portion of the Dual Contracts System. The stations from 80th Street – Hudson Street to Ozone Park – Lefferts Boulevard opened on September 25, 1915 as an extension of the Fulton Street Elevated. The connection to the BMT was severed on April 26, 1956, with a new connection to the IND Fulton Street Line opening on April 29, 1956. The Fulton Street Elevated west of Hudson Street was closed, and eventually demolished.
The station has gone by a number of different names. It opened as Oxford Avenue. A 1924 system map portrayed the station as "Oxford Avenue", with "104th St." shown below the name in parentheses, and in a smaller print. By 1948, "Oxford" and "104" were shown in equal sizes, and by 1959 the name was shown as "104 St–Oxford". The current official map shows the name as just "104 St". Station signage still shows "104th Street – Oxford Avenue".
From May 12, 2014 to August 18, 2014, this station will have its Lefferts Boulevard-bound platform closed due to station rehabilitation. 
|Side platform, doors will open on the right|
|Northbound||← toward Inwood – 207th Street (Rockaway Boulevard)
← (late night shuttle) toward Euclid Avenue (Rockaway Boulevard)
|Center track||→ No regular service|
|Southbound||→ ( late nights) does not stop here (111th Street) →|
|Side platform, not in service|
|M||Mezzanine||Fare control, station agent|
|G||Street Level||Exit/ Entrance|
- "New Elevated Line Opened for Queens" (PDF). The New York Times. September 26, 1915. Retrieved September 28, 2007.
- "Facts and Figures: Annual Subway Ridership". New York City Metropolitan Transportation Authority. Retrieved March 27, 2014.
- "BMT Lines, Rapid Transit Division" (GIF). 1924. Archived from the original on October 12, 2007. Retrieved November 9, 2007.
- "Rapid Transit Lines of the New York City Transit System" (GIF). 1948. Archived from the original on October 12, 2007. Retrieved November 9, 2007.
- "Official New York City Subway Map and Station Guide" (GIF). 1959. Archived from the original on October 12, 2007. Retrieved November 9, 2007.
- "Subway Map" (PDF). Metropolitan Transportation Authority. February 2014. Retrieved March 3, 2014.
- nycsubway.org—IND Fulton: 104th Street/Oxford Avenue
- Station Reporter – A Lefferts
- The Subway Nut – 104th Street – Oxford Avenue Pictures
- 104th Street entrance from Google Maps Street View