From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||1020s 1030s 1040s – 1050s – 1060s 1070s 1080s|
|Years:||1047 1048 1049 – 1050 – 1051 1052 1053|
|1050 by topic|
|Lists of leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1803|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
— to —庚寅年閏十一月十五日
|- Vikram Samvat||1106–1107|
|- Shaka Samvat||972–973|
|- Kali Yuga||4151–4152|
|- Ǹrí Ìgbò||50–51|
|Juche calendar||N/A (before 1912)|
|Julian calendar||1050 ML|
|Minguo calendar||862 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1593|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: 1050|
- Leofric becomes Bishop of Exeter.
- Hedeby is sacked by King Harald Hardråde of Norway during the course of a conflict with Sweyn II of Denmark.
- Swedish forces attack Finland.
- Upon the death of Anund Jacob, he is succeeded by his brother Emund the Old as king of Sweden.
- King Macbeth of Scotland makes a pilgrimage to Rome.
- The brewery of Weltenburg Abbey is first mentioned, thus making it one of the oldest still operating breweries in the world.