From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||1020s 1030s 1040s – 1050s – 1060s 1070s 1080s|
|Years:||1048 1049 1050 – 1051 – 1052 1053 1054|
|1051 by topic|
|Lists of leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1804|
|Bahá'í calendar||−793 – −792|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||庚寅年 (Metal Tiger)
3747 or 3687
— to —
辛卯年 (Metal Rabbit)
3748 or 3688
|- Vikram Samvat||1107–1108|
|- Shaka Samvat||973–974|
|- Kali Yuga||4152–4153|
|Japanese calendar||Eishō 6
|Minguo calendar||861 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1594|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1051.|
- Godwin, Earl of Wessex, is exiled from England by King Edward the Confessor for refusing to take action against the townspeople of Dover. He returns the following year.
- Hilarion of Kiev becomes the first native metropolitan of the Eastern Orthodox Church in Kievan Rus.
- May 19 – Henry I of France marries Anne of Kiev at the cathedral of Reims.
- William of Normandy fights for his life and crown in Normandy.
- Heregeld is abolished by King Edward the Confessor of England.
- Edgar Atheling, uncrowned King of England, 1066, after the Battle of Hastings
- Mi Fu, Chinese poet, painter, and calligrapher (d. 1107)
- January 22 – Ælfric Puttoc, archbishop of York
- Bi Sheng, Song Dynasty Chinese inventor of movable type printing