From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 1052 BC)
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (August 2009)|
|Millennium:||2nd millennium BC|
|Centuries:||12th century BC – 11th century BC – 10th century BC|
|Decades:||1080s BC 1070s BC 1060s BC – 1050s BC – 1040s BC 1030s BC 1020s BC|
|Years:||1059 BC 1058 BC 1057 BC 1056 BC 1055 BC 1054 BC 1053 BC 1052 BC 1051 BC 1050 BC|
|Categories:||Births – Deaths – Architecture
Establishments – Disestablishments
Events and trends
- 1054 BC Shamshi-Adad IV, son of Tiglath-Pileser I, usurps the Assyrian throne from his nephew, Eriba-Adad II.
- 1053 BC—Death of Kang, king of the Zhou of ancient China. In September, a five-planetary alignment occurs.
- 1052 BC—Zhao succeeds Kang.
- 1051 BC—Saul becomes the first King of Ancient Israel.
- 1050 BC—Death of Shamshi-Adad IV; his son, Ashurnasirpal I, succeeds him as King of Assyria.
- 1050 BC—Philistines capture the Ark of the Covenant from Israel in battle. (Approximate date)
- c. 1050 BC—Shang Dynasty ends in Ancient China, replaced by the Zhou Dynasty.
- c. 1050 BC—Proto-Geometric period starts in Ancient Greece.