From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||1030s 1040s 1050s – 1060s – 1070s 1080s 1090s|
|Years:||1066 1067 1068 – 1069 – 1070 1071 1072|
|1069 by topic|
|Lists of leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1822|
|Bahá'í calendar||-775 – -774|
|English Regnal year||3 Will. 1 – 4 Will. 1|
|Chinese calendar||戊申年 (Earth Monkey)
3765 or 3705
— to —
己酉年 (Earth Rooster)
3766 or 3706
|- Vikram Samvat||1125–1126|
|- Shaka Samvat||991–992|
|- Kali Yuga||4170–4171|
|Japanese calendar||Jiryaku 5 / Enkyū 1
|Minguo calendar||843 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1612|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1069.|
- Harrying of the North: King William of England (William the Conqueror) reacts to rebellions made by his Anglo Saxon subjects against him. He rides through the north of England with his army and burns houses, crops, cattle and land from York to Durham, which results in the deaths of over 100,000 people, mainly from starvation and winter cold.
- William the Conqueror founds the Norman Selby Abbey.
- Abbad III al-Mu'tamid succeeds his father on the throne of Sevilla.
- Emperor Shenzong of Song appoints Wang Anshi as his chief counsellor.
- Wang Anshi, chancellor of the Chinese Song Dynasty, implements the New Policies, which include financial reforms, raising the salaries of officials to reduce corruption, institution of the baojia system, etc.
- Start of Nam tiến, the southward expansion of the territory of Vietnam.
- Magnus II of Norway dies and Olav III becomes sole King of Norway.
- The Seljuk Turks fail to capture Iconium, following a Byzantine counter-attack launched from Syria.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (September 2012)|
- Nguyen The Anh (1989). "Le Nam tien dans les textes Vietnamiens". In Lafont, P. B. (ed). Les frontieres du Vietnam. Paris: Edition l’Harmattan.