106 Jack FM (Bristol)
|Broadcast area||Bristol and Bath, Somerset|
|Slogan||'Playing What We Want'|
|First air date||20 May 2007|
|Audience share||4.3% (December 2010, )|
|Website||106 Jack FM|
The station was awarded its original broadcast licence in September 2006 as Original 106.5, and commenced broadcasting on 20 May 2007. It was owned by a group of investors under the name Tomahawk Radio. The station originally broadcast an Adult Oriented format, with 40% of its music coming from past or present Top 20 charts. Based on other JACK fm stations, Bristol's 106 Jack FM runs with a strapline of "Playing What We Want" and mostly having no presenters. The voiceovers and straplines are usually voiced by former Blake's 7 actor Paul Darrow, and is referred to on station only as The Voice of Jack.
Since the relaunch, nearly all the DJs have been removed from the station, and Jack FM Bristol switched to an automated music format for most of the time, as used by the UK's other JACK FM stations. The only live shows currently running on JACK FM are the weekday breakfast show, which is generally known as 'That Morning Thing', hosted by Ian Downs (or Downsy), Alice Crocker and Richard Johnson, JACK's World of Sport, hosted by Jed Pitman on Saturday Mornings  and The Bush Telegraph hosted by Andy Bush on Sunday mornings.
- Ian Downs
- Alice Crocker
- Richard Johnson
- Jed Pitman
- Andy Bush
- Simon Green
- That Morning Thing (weekdays 6am)
- JACK's World of Sport (Saturdays 8am)
- That Temporary Thing (when Ian Downs, Alice Crocker, Richard Johnson are away)
- The Bush Telegraph (Sundays 8am)
- "Mike Ford 'row' with Bristol DJ launches new radio station". Bristol Evening Post. 2 December 2009. Archived from the original on 5 January 2010. Retrieved 2009-12-09.
- "That Morning Thing - Weekdays from 6am". Retrieved 2013-05-16.
- "World of Sport". Retrieved 2013-05-16.
- "Bush is Back and on JACK!". Retrieved 2013-05-16.
- "Details of acquisition by Celador". Retrieved 2010-07-09.
|This article about a radio station in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|