From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 1076.
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||1040s 1050s 1060s – 1070s – 1080s 1090s 1100s|
|Years:||1073 1074 1075 – 1076 – 1077 1078 1079|
|1076 by topic|
|Lists of leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1829|
|Bahá'í calendar||−768 – −767|
|English Regnal year||10 Will. 1 – 11 Will. 1|
|Chinese calendar||乙卯年 (Wood Rabbit)
3772 or 3712
— to —
丙辰年 (Fire Dragon)
3773 or 3713
|- Vikram Samvat||1132–1133|
|- Shaka Samvat||998–999|
|- Kali Yuga||4177–4178|
|Japanese calendar||Jōhō 3
|Minguo calendar||836 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1619|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1076.|
- January – The German bishops who have been invested by Henry IV, Holy Roman Emperor withdraw their allegiance from Pope Gregory VII.
- February 14 – Pope Gregory VII excommunicates Henry IV, Holy Roman Emperor.
- October 8 – Demetrius Zvonimir is crowned as King of Croatia in Solin (near Split) by a representative of Pope Gregory VII.
- November 1 – In England a frost begins that lasts until April 1077.
- December 25 – Polish King Bolesław II the Bold (Polish: Bolesław Śmiały) is crowned in Gniezno.
- Anselm of Canterbury completes Monologion.
- The Almoravids capture the Ghanaian capital of Kumbi.
- Count Dirk V reconquers most of West Frisia (historical) from the bishop of Utrecht.
- The Trial of Penenden Heath is thought to have been held, with an important ruling regarding land rights subsequent to the Norman Conquest of England.
- Dmitar Zvonimir of Croatia donated the town of Vrana and Benedictine monastery of St. Gregory, as a sign of loyalty to Pope Gregory VII.
- Vikramaditya VI deposes his older brother Somesvara II, and becomes king of the Western Chalukya.
- Lý dynasty Vietnamese troops hold invading Song Dynasty Chinese forces at the Battle of Như Nguyệt River and a truce is concluded.