1080s in architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (June 2012)|
|1070s . 1080s in architecture . 1090s|
- 1080 - Rebuilding of St. Sernin's Basilica, Toulouse begun.
- 1080 - Construction of Cluny III in France, begun.
- 1081 - Current building of the Chora Church built in Constantinople (begun in 1077).
- 1081 - Old Mainz Cathedral destroyed by a fire, marking the beginning of the construction of the current building.
- 1081 - Aljafería Palace built in Zaragoza, Spain (begun in 1065).
- 1082 - Great Mosque of Tlemcen built in the Almoravid Empire.
- 1083–Present Ely Cathedral, England begun.
- before 1087 - Construction of the Church of Christ Pantepoptes in Constantinople begun.
- 1087 - White Tower (Tower of London) in England finished (begun in 1078).
- 1087 - San Nicola di Bari begun.
- 1088 - Rebuilding of the Abbey of Cluny in France begun.
- 1088 - Eynsford Castle built in England.
- 1089 - Romanesque stage of St Albans Cathedral completed.