From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||1050s 1060s 1070s – 1080s – 1090s 1100s 1110s|
|Years:||1079 1080 1081 – 1082 – 1083 1084 1085|
|1082 by topic|
|Lists of leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1835|
|English Regnal year||16 Will. 1 – 17 Will. 1|
— to —壬戌年十二月初十日
|- Vikram Samvat||1138–1139|
|- Shaka Samvat||1004–1005|
|- Kali Yuga||4183–4184|
|- Ǹrí Ìgbò||82–83|
|Juche calendar||N/A (before 1912)|
|Julian calendar||1082 MLXXXII|
|Minguo calendar||830 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1625|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: 1082|
- Rochester Cathedral is completed.
- The German Henry IV, Holy Roman Emperor besieges Rome and gains entry; a synod is agreed upon by the Romans to rule on the dispute between Henry and Pope Gregory VII.
- Ottokar II succeeds his brother Adalbero (died 1086 or 1087) as margrave of Styria.
- The Korean printing of the entire Buddhist Tripitaka is completed.
- A military campaign advised by Shen Kuo fails.
- The first mention of the German town of Hofgeismar is recorded.