From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 1093. For the number, see 1093 (number).
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||1060s 1070s 1080s – 1090s – 1100s 1110s 1120s|
|Years:||1090 1091 1092 – 1093 – 1094 1095 1096|
|1093 by topic|
|Lists of leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1846|
|English Regnal year||6 Will. 2 – 7 Will. 2|
|Chinese calendar||壬申年 (Water Monkey)
3789 or 3729
— to —
癸酉年 (Water Rooster)
3790 or 3730
|- Vikram Samvat||1149–1150|
|- Shaka Samvat||1015–1016|
|- Kali Yuga||4194–4195|
|Japanese calendar||Kanji 7
|Minguo calendar||819 before ROC
|Seleucid era||1404/1405 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1635–1636|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1093.|
- April – Sviatopolk II becomes Grand Prince of Kiev and ruler of Kievan Rus'.
- March 6 – The Frankish monk, philosopher and theologian Anselm is nominated as Archbishop of Canterbury; he is consecrated on December 4.
- April 8 – Construction of Winchester Cathedral by Bishop Walkelin in England is completed.
- May 26 – Battle of the Stugna River: The Cuman people defeat the princes of Kievan Rus'.
- September – Magnus Barefoot is crowned king of Norway.
- August 11 – Construction of Durham Cathedral in England begins.
- November 13 – Battle of Alnwick: Malcolm III of Scotland, while attempting to invade England, is defeated and killed by the forces of William II of England. Malcolm's brother Donald takes the Scottish throne.
- Normans occupy southern Wales, constructing Cardiff and Pembroke Castles.
- Henry of Burgundy becomes Count of Portugal through his marriage to Theresa, Countess of Portugal.
- Saint Canute's Cathedral is built in Odense, Denmark.
- January 16 – Isaac Komnenos, sebastokrator of the Byzantine Empire (died c.1152)
- date unknown - King Conrad III of Germany (died 1152)
- April 13 – Prince Vsevolod I of Kiev (b. 1030)
- August 4 – Count Alan Rufus
- August 29 – Hugh I, Duke of Burgundy (b. 1057)
- September – Olaf III of Norway (b. c.1050)
- November 13 – King Malcolm III of Scotland (b. 1031)
- November 16 – Saint Margaret of Scotland, wife of King Malcolm III of Scotland
- date unknown – Iestyn ap Gwrgant, king of Morgannwg