10 Minutes (song)
|Single by Inna featuring Play & Win|
|from the album Hot|
|Released||25 January 2010
(see release history)
|Format||Digital download, airplay|
|Recorded||2009; Play & Win Studios (Constanta, Romania)|
|Length||3:21 (Play & Win Radio Edit)
4:08 (Play & Win Club Remix)
2.32 (UK Radio Edit)
|Writer(s)||Sebastian Barac, Radu Bolfea, Marcel Botezan|
|Producer||Sebastian Barac, Radu Bolfea, Marcel Botezan|
|Inna singles chronology|
10 Minutes is a synthpop song by Romanian recording artist Inna and features songwriters and producers Play & Win, longtime collaborators of Inna. In Romania it was released as her fifth single in order to promote the Romanian release of Inna's debut album Hot, which also included earlier chart successes such as "Hot", "Amazing" and "Déjà Vu". "10 Minutes" premiered on Inna's official YouTube page in December 2009 and was sent to Romanian mainstream radios on 25 January 2010. It peaked at number eighteen on the Romanian Top 100. For its international release, a music video was shot during June 2010 in London. "10 Minutes" was released as the fourth single from Hot in France and the fifth in the Netherlands.
The song was leaked on Inna's YouTube page on 23 December 2009, under the title of "Karaoke with Inna". It was sent to the mainstream radios such as Kiss FM on 25 January 2010. "10 Minutes" was written by the songwriting group Play & Win, who wrote Inna's previous singles. This song is more heavily influenced by American music than the previous songs released by Inna, the house beats are not emphasised so much here It was the third most appreciated song of the year by the Romanian gay community, after Guess Who's "Locul Potrivit" and Smiley's "Plec pe Marte".
To promote the release of Inna's debut album Hot in her home country Romania, the song "10 Minutes" was sent to radio stations in January 2010. Following the airplay premiere of the song, "10 Minutes" debuted on the Romanian Top 100. But without any music video promotion it only peaked at number eighteen on 28 February 2010, being the first of Inna's singles not to enter the top ten. When the music video was released it was sent to two main Romanian music channels: 1Music and MTV Romania. It entered heavy rotation on MTV and re-entered the Romanian Top 100, but did not manage to reach the top forty, because of the lack of promotion. It has also entered the top ten of the MTV Hitlist.
On the Year-End Charts, "10 Minutes" finished at the 42nd position of the Romanian Top 100, with a number of 6,266 airings. The song became Inna's best hit of the year in Romania, being followed by "Sun Is Up" on the 52nd position.
On the Czech Republic Airplay Chart it reached its peak position at number ten in April 2010 and once again in June 2010. On the Dutch 100 Singles Chart, "10 Minutes" debuted at number seventy-nine on 2 October 2010, and peaked at number seventy-six on the following week. It was also a moderate success in Belgium, Bulgaria, Hungary, Poland, Russia and Ukraine. "10 Minutes" became Inna's least successful song all through Europe.
On the French Physical Singles Chart, "10 Minutes" became Inna's fourth top ten single in a row. On 6 December 2010 it debuted at number eight as the highest new entry of the week, while simultaneously "Déjà Vu" sat at number twenty-one, "Amazing" at number forty-two and "Hot" at number seventy-seven. The next week, the song fell to number eleven. After Christmas, "10 Minutes" returned to the top ten, climbing up from number twelve to number ten on 9 January 2011. On 23 January 2011, it reached its peak position at number eight again, while its successor "Sun Is Up" simultaneously became a top five hit on the French Digital Charts.
On 4 February 2011, "10 Minutes" became one of hundred songs to chart on the new official French Top Singles & Titres Chart, which combines digital and physical sales. While "Sun Is Up" debuted at number five, "10 Minutes" opened at number forty-eight. In the French Physical Top 50 the song maintained within the top twenty for many weeks.
Due to the lack of airplay on both radio stations and music channels, 10 Minutes failed to make an impact on British charts. Although the song was highly anticipated by Inna's fans, the song was released onto iTunes without any promotion online.
Failing to chart in the United Kingdom and Ireland, nor Austria, Germany, Spain and Switzerland (countries where Inna's songs had the greatest impact within the music charts) and due to the introduction of the new French chart, "10 Minutes" became Inna's least successful single to date both in Romania and internationally, until the release of "Club Rocker" in 2011.
The music video for "10 Minutes" premiered on 29 June 2010 on Inna's official site. The video was filmed in London and was directed by Paul Boyd, famous for collaborating with Mariah Carey and Shania Twain. However, the music video did not become a hit in Romania. The Pussycat Dolls-inspired music video shows Inna dancing in a club and flirting with a waiter, while other people are star-struck by her. It is also a club-oriented video, and shows Inna preparing for a show in the suburbs of London.
The United Kingdom version of the video premiered in early January 2011, on All Around the World Productions' official YouTube page. The video was shortened by cutting out some repetitive scenes and focusing on Inna's image. The UK edit lasts for 2 minutes and 33 seconds. As Media Forest Romania stated on their Facebook profile, the music video was already aired in France, Israel and Switzerland, as of January 2011.
Inna performed "10 Minutes" for the first time at the Romanian Music Awards 2010, held in Craiova, on 10 July. There, she sang the song in a medley with her older number-one hit "Amazing", the promo single "Señorita" and her then-newest single "Sun Is Up". Afterwards, she performed it in various European clubs. On 28 December 2010, Inna performed "10 Minutes" live in an unplugged concert in Kasho Club, Brașov. Her concert was recorded and broadcast by Romanian TV channel 1 Music. In France, she performed it on several dates on Fun Radio throughout late 2010 and early 2011, and also performed the song in several concerts, such as at Loft Club, in Lyon. The song was also performed during the second set on Inna's INNA en Concert world tour and it was also added to the US dates of her I Am the Club Rocker Tour.
Track listings and formats
- 10 Minutes (Official Remixes)
- "10 Minutes (Play & Win Radio Edit Version)" – 3:19
- "10 Minutes (Play & Win Extended Version)" – 4:07
- "10 Minutes (UK Radio Edit Version)" – 2:34
- "10 Minutes (Hi Def Radio Edit)" – 3:31
- "10 Minutes (Hi Def Club Remix)" – 5:24
- "10 Minutes (Hi Def Dub)" – 5:26
- "10 Minutes (Liam Keegan Radio Edit)" – 3:50
- "10 Minutes (Liam Keegan Club Remix)" – 6:59
- "10 Minutes (DJ Feel Radio Edit)" – 3:37
- "10 Minutes (DJ Feel Club Remix)" – 6:33
- "10 Minutes (Chris Garcia Radio Edit)" – 3:37
- "10 Minutes (Chris Garcia Club Remix)" – 6:18
- "10 Minutes (Odd Radio Edit)" – 3:27
- "10 Minutes (Odd Club Remix)" – 6:03
- "10 Minutes (XNRG Remix)" – 4:48
- "10 Minutes (Breeze & Klubfiller Remix)" – 5:12
|Romania||25 January 2010||Radio||Roton|
|Belgium||27 August 2010||Digital download||ARS Entertainment|
|Netherlands||25 September 2010||Spinnin' Records|
|United States||9 November 2010||Ultra Records|
|France||6 December 2010||CD single||Universal|
|United Kingdom||6 February 2011||Digital download|
- radio21.ro. "INNA releases 10 MINUTES". Retrieved 25 January 2010.
- inna.ro. "INNA – 10 MINUTES (RADIO EDIT BY PLAY & WIN)". Retrieved 25 January 2010.
- ftr.ro. "Inna is changed !". Retrieved 25 January 2010.
- radiomax.ro. "Teaser: Inna – 10 Minutes". Retrieved 25 January 2010.
- GAYS' CHOICE
- Nielsen. "Romanian Top 20". Archived from the original on 4 April 2010. Retrieved 14 March 2010.
- Romanian Top 100 – Year End Chart
- VIDEO Inna a încins atmosfera în Kasho Club, din Braşov
- "Ultratop.be – Inna – 10 Minutes" (in Dutch). Ultratip.
- "Ultratop.be – Inna – 10 Minutes" (in French).
- "ČNS IFPI" (in Czech). Hitparáda – Radio Top100 Oficiální. IFPI Czech Republic. Note: insert 201015 into search.
- "Lescharts.com – Inna – 10 Minutes" (in French). Les classement single.
- "Archívum – Slágerlisták – MAHASZ – Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége" (in Hungarian). Dance Top 40 lista. Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége.
- "Nederlandse Top 40 – Inna feat. Play & Win search results" (in Dutch) Dutch Top 40.
- "TOP 40 ELC". http://www.europeanhitradio.com.
- "Listy bestsellerów, wyróżnienia :: Związek Producentów Audio-Video". Polish Dance Top 50. Retrieved 22 December 2011.
- "Inna Nielsen". inna.ro. Retrieved 4 March 2010.
- "SNS IFPI" (in Slovak). Hitparáda – Radio Top100 Oficiálna. IFPI Czech Republic. Note: insert 201018 into search.
- "Digital Singles Charts - Turkey". Number One Top 20. Archived from the original on 2 May 2012. Retrieved 2 May 2012.
- "Topul celor mai difuzate piese în România în 2010" (in Romanian). România Liberă. Retrieved 21 January 2011.