10 Years Younger (UK TV series)
|10 Years Younger|
|Created by||Maverick Television|
|Starring||Nicky Hambleton-Jones (series 1-5)
Myleene Klass (series 6)
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|Producer(s)||Series 6: Melissa Feather|
|Running time||60 mins|
|Original channel||Channel 4|
|Original run||28 April 2004 – present|
10 Years Younger sometimes called 10 Years Younger: The Challenge is a make over show aired on Channel 4 in Britain.
About the show
With the help of experts the participant of the show is given a complete make over in an attempt to make them look 10 Years Younger, partially through plastic surgery. At the start of the programme the person's age is guessed by 100 people on the street and an average is taken. From this average the target image is set. At the end of the show this happens again to see the results.
The programme regularly makes use of cosmetic surgery, which has attracted criticism from some quarters. However, in his book 10 Years Younger: Cosmetic Surgery Bible, the show's resident consultant surgeon Jan Stanek says: "I decided to take part in the series because I felt that it offered an opportunity to shine an honest light on what was involved in cosmetic surgery and to address some of the common misconceptions about it."
- Jan Stanek - Plastic surgery
- Dr Uchenna Okoye - Dentistry
- Andrew Barton - Hair
- Guy Parsons - Hair
- Ruby Hammer - Make-up (Series 1-5)
- Lisa Eldridge - Make-up
- Kat Byrne - Behind the scenes assistance with clothing
- Dan Reinstein - Specialist Laser Eye Surgery Ophthalmic Surgeon
There are currently three books which accompany the series. The first two are both written by former presenter Nicky Hambleton-Jones. The third book is written by Jan Stanek with Hayley Treacy.
- 10 Years Younger in 10 Days (Paperback - 17 January 2005)
- 10 Years Younger Nutrition Bible (Paperback - 2 February 2006)
- 10 Years Younger Cosmetic Surgery Bible (Paperback - 1 February 2007)
|Australia||10 Years Younger In 10 Days||Sonia Kruger||Channel Seven||21 April 2009|
|Brazil||10 Anos Mais Jovem||Ligia Mendes||SBT||6 March 2009 – 2 October 2009|
|New Zealand||10 Years Younger||Fiona McDonald||TV One||Unknown|
|United States||10 Years Younger||Kyan Douglas||TLC network||1 December 2004|
- London Welbeck Hospital - a hospital used in the show
- Simpson, Richard (4 November 2008). "Seven years younger! C4 makeover show bids farewell to Nicky, 37, in favour of Myleene, 30". London: Daily Mail. Retrieved 2008-11-04.
- 10 Years Younger: Cosmetic Surgery Bible (Transworld, 2007)
- 10 Years Younger at Channel4.com
- 10 Years Younger Top pick on Maverick Television site
- 10 Years Younger at the Internet Movie Database
- 10 Years Younger Review
- Review, Leicester Mercury
- Live Show
|This article relating to a television programme from the UK is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|