10th Congress of the Russian Communist Party (Bolsheviks)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Congress was attended by 694 voting delegates and 296 non-voting delegates.
The Agenda consisted of:
- ) Report of the Central Committee;
- ) Report of the Control Commission;
- ) The trade unions’ economic role;
- ) The Socialist Republic in a capitalist encirclement foreign trade, concessions, etc.;
- ) Food supply, surplus-food appropriation, tax in kind and fuel crisis,
- ) Problems of Party organisation;
- ) The Party’s current tasks in the nationalities question;
- ) Reorganisation of the army and the militia question;
- ) The Chief Administration for Political Education and the Party’s propaganda and agitation work;
- ) Report of the R.C.P.’s representative in the Comintern, and its current tasks;
- ) Report of the R.C.P.’s representatives in the International Trade Union Council;
- ) Elections to the Central Committee, the Control Commission and the Auditing Commission.
Major decisions included:
- A ban on internal factions in the Russian Communist Party (Bolsheviks) (Resolution No. 12: "On Party Unity”). These factions included Trotskyists, Workers' Opposition (who supported syndicalism), and Democratic Centralists, who wanted more Soviet autonomy.
- The New Economic Policy was decided. Foreign trade, banks and heavy industry would stay in state hands, the rest was privatized.
- Lenin, Vladimir. "Tenth Congress of the R.C.P.(B.)". Lenin’s Collected Works, 1st English Edition, Progress Publishers, Moscow, 1965, Volume 32, pages 165-271. Retrieved 27 December 2013.
- Speeches by V. I. Lenin at the Tenth Congress of the R.C.P.(B.), Collected Works, 1st English Edition, Progress Publishers, Moscow, 1965, Volume 32, pages 165-271
- Tenth Congress of the Russian Communist Party (Bolshevik) The Great Soviet Encyclopedia, 3rd Edition (1970-1979).
|This Soviet Union–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Russian history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|