1100 Bel Air Place
|1100 Bel Air Place|
|Studio album by Julio Iglesias|
|Genre||Pop, soft rock, adult contemporary, latin pop|
Brian Wilson (track #4)
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
1100 Bel Air Place is a 1984 album of love songs performed by Julio Iglesias, and released by Columbia Records. It was the first of Iglesias' albums to be sung largely in English, and it is generally considered his breakthrough album in English speaking markets.
The album features Julio's only Pop Top 40 hits, "To All the Girls I've Loved Before", with Willie Nelson, and "All of You" with Diana Ross. The Beach Boys sang back-up on "The Air That I Breathe", a tune that the British band The Hollies previously made famous.
|1.||"All of You" (with Diana Ross)||Cynthia Weil, Julio Iglesias, Tony Renis||3:57|
|2.||"Two Lovers"||Paul Jabara, Jay Asher||4:23|
Il Tape sur des Bambous
|"Il Tape sur des Bambous": Didier Barbelivien, Phillipe Lavil & Michael Heron
"Jamaica": Julio Iglesias, Michel Colombier & Albert Hammond
|4.||"The Air That I Breathe" (with The Beach Boys)||Hammond, Michael Hazelwood||4:16|
|5.||"The Last Time"||Iglesias, Panzer, Manuel De La Calva, Ramon Arcusa||3:36|
|6.||"Moonlight Lady"||Hammond, Carole Bayer Sager||4:10|
|7.||"When I Fall in Love"||Edward Heyman, Victor Young||3:27|
|8.||"Me Va, Me Va"||Ricardo Ceratto; English Lyrics By Albert Hammond||6:03|
|9.||"If (E Poi)"||David Gates; Italian Lyrics By Testa||3:09|
|10.||"To All the Girls I've Loved Before" (with Willie Nelson)||Hammond, Hal David||3:30|
|11.||"I Don't Want to Wake You" (bonus track on 2006 version)|
- Track 1 arranged by Tony Renis and John Barnes; tracks 2, 3, 5, 6, and 7 arranged by Michel Colombier; track 4 arranged by Robbie Buchanan and Ramon Arcusa, with Beach Boys' vocals arranged by Brian Wilson; tracks 8 and 9 arranged by Randy Kerber, with percussion arrangements on track 8 by Paulinho da Costa; track 10 arranged by Nicky Hopkins
- Produced by Richard Perry and Ramon Arcusa, with Albert Hammond as associate producer
- Engineered by Humberto Gatica and Terry Christian
- Mixed by Humberto Gatica
- Julio Iglesias – main artist, vocals
- Mike Landau, David Williams – guitars
- John Barnes, Michael Boddicker, Robbie Buchanan, Michel Colombier, Rafael Ferro, David Foster, Nicky Hopkins, James Newton Howard, Randy Kerber, Steve Mitchell, Greg Phillinganes, John Van Tongeren – keyboards
- Arnold Belnick, Isabelle Daskoff, Assa Drori, Henry Ferver, Joe Goodman, Reg Hill, Bill Hymanson, Kathy Lenski, Bill Nuttycombe, Stanley Plummer, Bob and Sheldon Sanov, Haim Shtrum, Marshall Sosson, Bob Sushel, Mary Tsumura, Gerald Vinci, Shari Zippert – violin
- Stan Ackerman, Marilyn Baker, Myer Bello, Pamela Goldsmith, Allan Harshman, Virginia Majewski, Garey Nuttycombe, Dave Schwartz – viola
- Ron Cooper, Larry Corbett, Douglas Davis, Ray Kelley, Jacqueline Lustgarten, Fred Seydora, David Speltz – cello
- Charles Davis, Chuck Findley, Gary Grant, Larry Hall, Jerry Hey – brass
- Erich Bulling – horns
- Richard Todd, Brad Warnaar – French horn
- Les Benedict, Dick Hyde, Charles Loper, Lew McCreary, Dick Nash, Bill Reichenbach – trombone
- Alexandra Brown, Kenny Cetera, Steven George, Tom Kelly, Richard Marx, Richard Page, Stephanie Spruill, Julia and Maxine Waters – backing vocals
- Abraham Laboriel, Nathan East, Neil Steubenhaus, Mike Porcaro – bass
- Carlos Vega – drums
- Stan Getz- Saxophone
- Luis Conte, Michael Fisher, Paulinho da Costa – percussion
|Canada (Music Canada)||5× Platinum||500,000^|
|United States (RIAA)||4× Platinum||4,000,000^|
|United Kingdom (BPI)||Silver||60,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- "1100 Bel Air Place". Allmusic. Retrieved 28 April 2011.
- "Quincy Jones moves from 1100 Bel Air Place". Jet. 2005. Archived from the original on 17 May 2011. Retrieved 28 April 2011.
- "Canadian album certifications – Julio Iglesias – 1100 Bel Air Place". Music Canada.
- Julio Iglesias 30th Anniversary. Billboard magazine. 2000-05-27. Retrieved 2012-03-10.
- "American album certifications – Julio Iglesias – 1100 Bel Air Place". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click SEARCH